Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nadianyc_gw

Seeking Bosch Benchmark Feedback

nadianyc
9 years ago

I know there have been a few posts regarding the new Bosch Benchmark line but I thought I'd see if there are any new real-world use and opinions of the Benchmark line0036 gas cooktop, dishwasher and side swing double ovens. Have to put an appliance order in within a few months and highly considering going all Benchmark (except for the fridge, I think that will be either Thermador or Sub-Zero)

Comments (12)

• juno_barks
    9 years ago

Our side-swing single oven is on order, and should arrive in the next couple weeks. I have finally seen these ovens in the showroom, and I was impressed by their look and their feel. I will certainly report in once I have it up and running!

• nadianyc
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Juno! Can't wait to hear about the side-swing oven. Good to hear your initial impressions were positive.

• juno_barks
    9 years ago

I'm as anxious about it as you! I waited 3 month to actually see the ovens before ordering them. A bit nervous - there has been quite a bit of criticism of their speed oven, which I also ordered, and so I'm wondering if I made a mistake (got the speed oven instead of a microwave). Hopefully I will learn how to use it and that I will find it as great a tool as other brands of speed ovens. Time will tell.

• nadianyc
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'm leaning towards 2 convection ovens (side-swing) as much as I'd like to do a steam or speed oven, I'm sticking with a conventional convection. The microwave will be house in a garage port type area in the cabinetry so I'm just going with a generic micro.

• nadianyc
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Just saw a pic of the Kitchen Aid Architect 2 Series 30 convection double oven and now that's being thrown into the mix. It comes in a very nice modern white and is about $1,500 less than the Bosch with alot of the same features and gets very good reviews. So now between that and the Bosch Benchmark.

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

I suggest you try to find specific reviews of the function of the convection in both ovens. I had a Kitchenaid in my previous home (put in about 8 years ago) and the convection was lousy -- I still had to turn sheets of cookies around and switch shelves during cooking if I wanted to prevent uneven cooking. In my current oven (Fagor), I don't have to do that, so I know its possible to get it right!

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

"I had a Kitchenaid in my previous home (put in about 8 years ago) and the convection was lousy -- I still had to turn sheets of cookies around and switch shelves during cooking if I wanted to prevent uneven cooking"

I have no problems with my KitchenAid of that age. In fact I think it does slightly better than the often praised Electrolux oven in my range. Was it a 27"? Those can be prone to blocked airflow with large cookie sheets.

Having said that, the new KA wall ovens do not let you turn off the convection fan - I would consider that before buying.

This post was edited by hvtech42 on Thu, Aug 21, 14 at 16:49

• nadianyc
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Good to know about the convection not being able to be turned off.

• agk2003
    9 years ago

any additional feedback on the benchmark? considering this over the miele oven (the non-masterchef model) due to lower price and side swing door.

• juno_barks
    9 years ago

My oven is in my living room, waiting for us to modify the oven cabinet (to install the infamous 3-inch broom closet) before we can install. My DH has learned from all the contractors -- two week (which means some indefinable time in the future).
    I WILL let you all know when I know something, promise!

• Thai Nguyen
    9 years ago

Juno_barks, can u tell me hows ur speed oven doing, because im about to buy 2, thank you

• Ayse A.
    8 years ago

Any feedback on the side-swing door?

How much clearance do you need behind the handle if you're opening it against a wall? What is the thickness/depth of the handle on these?

thanks

Sponsored
One Source Systems
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Top Choice for Reliable Home Automation & Home Media in Loudoun County