Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Convection fallout

Posted by aliris19 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 16, 12 at 3:53

Hi - Does a convection fan obviate the need for placing racks inside the oven? That is, if air is being moved around inside, then its tendency to rise when heated would be overruled, right? And so it wouldn't matter if you put the rack high, low or in the middle?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Convection fallout

There is also still radiant heat from the walls of the oven so that can still affect the evenness of the oven. I read an article about it but can't find it right now. I suppose how they work together would be different for every oven depending on the build of the oven, whether there is a convection element and the size and speed of the fan. Some ovens have different convection modes that make more heat from the top or bottom. I will try to post the article later if I can find it.

o
RE: Convection fallout

Thanks, wekick!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here