Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amcook_gw

Capital Culinarian on Food Network

amcook
12 years ago

I don't know if anyone here watches Chopped but I would think at least a few do. Well, they've always used Capital Precision ranges and I actually started watching some of the episodes to see if Capital was going to send over some Culinarians... Well, it appears that new episodes starting Aug 30, they will feature the Culinarian in their kitchen.

Check it out.

Comments (25)

• bonesoda
    12 years ago

I would have thought they would have sent their "champagne red"?? knobs instead of the "vanilla" knobs :D

• deeageaux
    12 years ago

Trevor posted a while ago that Chopped was going to change to the CC.

I started to think he might be fibbing.

Next Food Network Star L.A. studio had the culinarian too.

I think the producers of Chopped would have asked for more money to place Capital's signature cranberry knobs.

• stooxie
    12 years ago

More money? Aren't such products always placed? CC most likely not only donated those ranged but paid a hefty placement fee on top of it. I could be wrong but that's how it almost always works with anything media/entertainment related.

I'm glad that SOMEONE has provided an open burner to these contestants. It's sadistic to hold all these competitions and then give them shoddy equipment (which seems to be half the point.)

-Stooxie

• deeageaux
    12 years ago

Yes, more money.

The more blatant the product placement the more the fee in general.

Like most people, I don't know the arrangement between Capital and Chopped/Food Network but just a guess.

No more watching Chef's waiting forever for pan to heat or struggling to brown something before time is up. Unless of course the are completly incompetant and just did not leave enough time for any rangetop to do its job.

• plllog
    12 years ago

LOL!!! Stooxie, "sadistic" is the right word!

• amcook
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'm sure it's placed. Of course only Capital and food network know the exact arrangement. Either way it is good to see these shows promote open burner ranges.

Stooxie, I think you may have misread Diego's first post. He is saying that food network would ask for Capital to *pay* more for more prominent placement.

BTW, my wide was watching cupcake wars yesterday and noticed they had Imperial ranges. I thought, "seriously?! On cupcake wars?" In any case, the Imperial grated look almost identical to the CC grated.

• plllog
    12 years ago

Serious. On Cupcake Wars. :) I've seen that show. They have to make 1000 ultra fancy cupcakes in two hours. That means cooking fillings and frostings in addition to the big commercial baking ovens for the cakes themselves. They might be able to do as well with CCs or something, but if they're not being paid...

• segesta
    12 years ago

What was that? I was busy trying to make an appetizer out of artichokes, razor clams and Ricola lozenges in under 20 minutes...

• plllog
    12 years ago

ROTFLOLTIWMP!!!!!!!

• marcolo
    12 years ago

You left out the tripe. You lose.

• BrightFutureFoods
    12 years ago

There have been many a Chopped episode where a chef couldn't get an effective sear. I'm guessing those days are over!

Is it just me or do the CC red knobs look more like a regurgitated salmon-pink color? Had they been more the color of the Wolf knobs, i'd have ordered them.

• will47
    12 years ago

I hate the color of the red knobs for the Culinarian. The Wolf ones are much nicer looking. I don't think I'd call it "regurgitated salmon", but it's not really a wine red as described either.

• dodge59
    12 years ago

If we fail to see any more post by Amcook, It is probably because his "Better Half" read this thread and NOTICED THIS!!

"BTW, my wide was watching cupcake wars yesterday and noticed they had Imperial ranges"

We will miss you Amcook!!!

anomous

• amcook
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ha. Not to fear. Still here. Stupid autocorrect combined with sloppy typing. Luckily my WIFE doesn't have anything to worry about in that regard.

On the red knobs... Frankly I think most poeple associate red knobs with Wolf so they would end advertising for them.

Here is a link that might be useful: off topic but funny

• Caddidaddy55
    12 years ago

I watched Chopped Champions last night and they finally had the Culinarians on.

• deeageaux
    12 years ago

I thought it was kinda funny watching Bluestar celebrity chef/pitchman Marcus Samuelsson on the "Culinarian" cooking competition.

• dodge59
    12 years ago

Not really that strange, "SD", I believe He and Trevor are "Related".

Gary

• deeageaux
    12 years ago

Well Gary,

If past precedent is indicative of the future Marcus will be stripped of his blue chef's coat very soon.

Then he will sport a cranberry chef's jacket and we will see a limited edition Copper Marcus Samuelsson Culinarian.

• aliris19
    12 years ago

They can't have a red range; it will clash/meld with that chef-wear.

Oh the things we miss when we go without a TV. How do all you people have time to make over houses, cook, goggle gardenweb and watch television? Just wondering....

• amcook
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Easy. We stay up until 2 in the morning. :)

• plllog
    12 years ago

... And some of us can do two or three of those tasks at the same time at 2 a.m. ...

• peaches12345
    12 years ago

I never miss a Chopped. It will be interesting to see if with the new Culinarians, many of the problems some chefs have had will continue, such as inability to get a good sear and difficulties getting oil to the proper temperature quickly. If so I guess we can assume it's chef error, not inferior equipment. Just an aside, but I was so disappointed to see Wayne eliminated in the first round of the Champions competition this week for not completing his dish. You could tell the judges were, too. The salad he completed was the best food they tasted.

• deeageaux
    12 years ago

Some things just can't be done in the alloted time, like Amanda Freitag making duck confit.

The female chef making fried wong tongs simply put too much oil in her pot to reach temperature in time. Half would have been enough to fry. She was only making three servings, not making dozens/hundreds all day long in a restuarant.

• stooxie
    12 years ago

Frankly it's stupid that they force the contestants to have to contend with sub par equipment on top of everything else. If the producers weren't absolutely intent on having external variables create havoc (keeps liability at bay and helps randomize the outcome) they would have real commercial ranges for their use.

Most of these chefs are probably used to working a 30K+ BTU burner every day so it doesn't matter if its Capital or Bluestar or Wolf or a Hasbro Easy Bake oven. It's still not what they are used to.

-Stooxie