Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karenlk10

Options for white 27" oven w/extendable racks

karenlk10
10 years ago

Ok I give up. I'm overwhelmed trying to find what I need. Hoping some of the experts here can help.
I'm looking for a 27", white, electric, single convection oven that can be installed underneath the cooktop. The thing I REALLY want is at least one fully extendable rack. The ball-bearing type.
That's where I get stuck. I find them but not in 27. Or not in white. Or... well, you get the idea.
Suggestions would be soooooo appreciated.

Comments (10)

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

I think the only one that meets all your qualifications is Electrolux IQ-Touch Series EI27EW35KW.

Specs and install guide in link.

Here is a link that might be useful: LINK

• karenlk10
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks deegeaux!

Electrolux is definately a top option. too bad the Wave feature isn't available in white - it would be perfect then.

I've found these others ... not done research repair rates, fan noise, etc. Surely there are more than three that meet my requirements?
    ==============

Kitchenaid Architect Series II KEBS177SWH
    http://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/KEBS177SWH.html#BVRRWidgetID

whirlpool gold WOS92EC7AW
    it doesnt come with the rack but I can buy one for about $100 -
    http://www.sears.com/whirlpool-gold-27inch-electric-wall-oven-w-timesavor-8482/p-02221962000P?prdNo=5&blockNo=5&blockType=G5

• GreenDesigns
    10 years ago

If you want it on top of a cooktop, you need to stick with the same brand for each, as no manufacturer will certify that that setup will work with a different manufacturer. Plus, you need to do a LOT of your own research to make sure that will work. It doesn't sometimes, even when they say it will.

Really, if you're going with an electric cooktop, you'd be FAR better off with a range instead. Both from the electrical upgrade requirements, cost containment, and engineering suitability aspect.

• karenlk10
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I dont like the look of a range, plus my tiny kitchen will use the space better if I have separates as they can be smaller (27" oven is MORE than enough, I've a 24" now)

I like the kitchenaid, but the racks dont seem as easy to pull in/out as the electrolux

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

I am not a big fan of the Whirlpool KA family of electric ovens. Seems they have gotten better but it still seems like an unusually high number go caput after clean cycle.

What cooktops are you looking at?

• lee676
    10 years ago

The Elux would be my first choice too - I've used the double version of this one and it cooks and broils very well, and is quiet. It only has one glide-out rack, although you can purchase additional gliding rack(s) from an appliance parts seller.

• karenlk10
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Deeageaux.... I already have a wonderful Bosch Induction 30" cooktop. Got it a couple years ago. I could put the oven to the right of the cooktop vs directly under it. I could probably make do with another 24" as I'm not a huge baker, but realize that limits the next owner, so I'm leaning towards 27".
    My biggest interest is the extendable racks so that it wlll be easy to get into as I age in place 10-15 years from now.

Lee - thanks for the feedback. Elux is looking like a favorite. I've tried the racks on it vs KA vs a few other brands and the Elux is the smoothest.

• lee676
    10 years ago

I had the same issues and decided to scale down the oven even further to this Fagor 24"w, 24"h oven with side-hinge doors and glide-out shelves:

not only will this fit beneath may cooktops, but there's also room underneath (or above) the oven for a 5"h full-width cabinet drawer for oven trays, cooking utensels, or other items. The combination of a side-hinged door and glide-out shelves (even when placed under the counter) makes for easy placement and removal of food from the oven racks. I also have a 30"w GE Advantium 240 volt wall oven for further cooking for items that in an unlikely event may not fit in the 24" oven. Oven costs only $1000 too, and has several nice features (quick warm-up, etc). It's black glass with stainless trim, but it could fit in many color schemes without standing out too much.

• karenlk10
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lee I LOVE the Fagor,even tho it isnt white, but was worried it would be too little. I only have room for one oven (no backup like you have).
    Can you describe how its worked out for you?

• karenlk10
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I also just took a look at the less attractive, but side swing convection Frigidaire.
    http://nor-westappliance.com/products/Frigidaire/frig/gleb27z7hs.html
    A bit bigger than the Fagor, def uglier, but 27" w/3.5cu of convection oven. My old 24" was frigidaire and did "OK".