Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ftmiamibeach

Jenn-Air 'Floating' Black Glass Fridge

ftmiamibeach
16 years ago

I was set on my fridge choice, the Jenn-Air JFC2089HES Stainless Steel French Door model

{{gwi:1447604}}

until I saw the JFC2089HPY at a store this weekend. Same exact model and handles, but with a black glass front that hides the hinges as well. It looks beautiful.

Third from the left in this photo:

Does anyone have actual experience with this type of finish. I love the look, and I think it would look great with my kitchen cabinets (which are also a very reflective surface), but I am afraid it may look dirty unless absolutely clean.

Thanks!

Comments (11)

• kailleanm
    16 years ago

Aren't they gorgeous? I loved them too in the showroom, but we ended up getting SS as we got a scratch and dent deal.

I would think they'd be easier to keep clean as you can probably just Windex them, no?

I love the look of SS, but it is a pain keeping it looking nice.

• zeebee
    16 years ago

Can you re-post? I don't see the second picture.

• ftmiamibeach
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Image is directly from the AJ Madison web site. If you can't see it try the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• zoenipp
    16 years ago

FWIW, I had a Kitchenaid built-in with white glass panels in a previous home and it was very easy to keep - much more so than stainless in my experience. I just used glass cleaner and a terry towel to keep it looking pristine. And yes, that floating black glass JennAir is gorgeous.

• zeebee
    16 years ago

I see it now - very nice. I have one black-glass-front appliance and I also Windex and a towel to keep it clean. It gets shafts of direct sun throughout the day, so I do have to watch for streaks, but fingerprints aren't very apparent.

• joanie212
    16 years ago

I've had the JennAire floating black glass sxs refrig and wall oven for about a month now and absolutely love it. I'd heard that stainless was a big pain to keep clean so I thought I'd limit stainless in my kitchen. I have a stainless dw and it is a pain. My advantium is mostly stainless with black accents. Cooktop is mostly black with stainless accents. A quick wipe with windex on the refrig and oven is all it takes. However, when the sun hits the glass in the afternoon you can see dust-oops. Overall I am very happy with the floating black glass. It looks sleek and modern and clean 95% of the time. Good luck with your choices!

• kelly726
    16 years ago

I would think the glass refrig. would be easier to clean! And I kind of like the sleek black look better.

• pcweary
    16 years ago

I was so glad to see this posting since my refrigerator just died and after doing some research, I have narrowed it done to the KA Ksrs25rsms(stainless w/apollo gray textured sides) or the Jennair JSD2695KGB SS(Black high gloss) or Jennair JSD2697KEY(Black floating glass). I am leaning towards the black Jennairs but would still have to choose between the highgloss or the floating glass.

If I am reading your posts correctly, the floating glass would be fairly easy to take care of with smudges, etc.
    Am I correct?: Would the gloss be a bear to work with?

• appliancetrane
    16 years ago

I would highly recommend the black glass over the high-gloss black. I sell appliances and I have both styles on the floor. The gloss constantly streaks, but the glass looks extremely sharp with little maintenance.

• ronita cavallaro
    6 months ago

I bought the jenn aire floating glass appliances.. im very fussy. i love that it is easy to clean and looks amazing all the time. ive had all 4 appliances for approx 15years.. i would buy again. quality and beauty all in one .