Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gigelus2k13

Roch Guss

gigelus2k13
10 years ago

Does anyone know anything about this cookware brand? Several years ago I bought a 9" non-stick skillet from TJMaxx and in time it has become my all-time favorite piece of kitchen equipment. It's quite heavy, heats up very evenly and it looks like new after constant usage during at least the past 5-6 years so it seems to be very durable. It's a joy cooking with it.

Just to make sure I'll keep enjoying it, I recently found its identical twin, which I put in storage for when the current pan will meet its eventual demise.

The strange thing is that I couldn't find anything useful online about this Italian brand. Does anyone else has cookware by them and if so, how do you like it?

Comments (37)

• Charan Langton
    7 years ago

I also bought two frying pans from TJMaxx. Love them. They are the best pot I Have. Better than my expensive All-clads. Looking for more but have never seen any. Wonder why Amazon does not carry them. They are amazing. The brand name is Bonetti and they have a wooden handle.

• Christine Nguyen
    7 years ago

It's my favorite one! I love it so much I had to google where to buy it. Only found few new ones on EBay . I purchased mine at TJMax last year . Hopefully I run into them again. It is a must have !

• Sharon Whaley Harvey
    6 years ago

This is my all time favorite as well! I have even used a scouring pad, and it didn’t even make a mark on the Teflon coating! Does anyone know a website I can purchase this brand?

• gigelus2k13
    Original Author
    6 years ago

It’s been a while since I posted about this brand. The pan has finally lost its non-stickiness and went into the recycling bin.

TJMaxx does carry similar pans though, all made in Italy and with a non-stick coating, although it’s a better material than the Rich Guss one.

I finally realized what was so special about that pan; it’s the fact that it’s cast aluminum! The overwhelming majority of pans are stamped aluminum, which results in thin walls that don’t conduct heat that well. Cast aluminum is much thicker and that’s the key to a better cooking performance.

Therefore don’t fret about not finding Rich Guss pans anymore, any cast aluminum pans made in Italy would do.

• c m
    6 years ago

I agree with all of the posts. Yes, after seeing how well the pan performs and how it avoids damage, I have a spare put away. The T. J. Maxx in my town gets a shipment about once a year (I cruise through regularly). I usually buy another and give it away as a gift. They are distinctly great.

• charan langton
    6 years ago

I bought a set from a German site. They have pots of all different sizes. I will try to find the address. I paid I think about $60 for shipping but it was worth it.

• J H
    6 years ago

Please. please, please look for the address. I was lucky a year ago to find 1 frying pan at TJ Maxx. I would like another one Thanking you in advance.

• imatric
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Not sure what country you guys are in but in Australia we have Trade Secret which was recently re branded to Tkmaxx I'm assume it's similar to Tjmaxx and they stock these pans. I've been using mine for a week and I love it. Going to go get myself some more as my Analon pans are on their way out now.

• DT Miller
    5 years ago

I am using a Roch and Guss pan and wondered where I found it. Thanks loads for this post as now I know. I will search any TJ Maxx I find to see if I can spot a rare find again. I have a smaller frying pan that the coating is peeling, much to my dismay. I have a whole Wolfgang Puck collection and still favor this pan over everything else. Wish I could add more pieces to my collection inexpensively. If eBay's prices don't empty your bank account the shipping will.

• DT Miller
    5 years ago

Found in HOME GOODs if this helps anyone. I'm in Maryland and there were only 2 pieces in the entire cooking section. I almost missed the one I went there for looking at another nice find by the same - Roch and Guss brand.

• imatric
    5 years ago

I forgot about this thread. TK Maxx at Fountain gate and Dandenong both stores had the pans in stock so now I have 3 different sizes, almost bought a mini grill pan but decided I didn't actually need it. This is all in Australia, Melbourne's eastern suburbs.

• Lisa Flores
    4 years ago

I love this pan, I’ve been using it constantly since I got it, but I would like another for when this one decides to go! I’ve been searching since I got this one and have never found another =(

• gigelus2k13
    Original Author
    4 years ago

The brand does not really matter, there are other italian-made ones with better coating. The key factor is the pan to be cast aluminum (not stamped) and to use more material; the more the better.

• clangton6
    4 years ago

Not certain that is true. I have tried other pans that appear to similar (splotchy finish) but did not work for me. This particular brand is heavy, aluminum and and has a really good coating, Better than most. I have purchased the Green pans for Costco, and these just awful, Everything stuck to them. Most of the others are I think pretenders, often made in China. So if you can find, these, buy them over others. Often Marshalls has them. I see them there all the time, among the fake ones.

• gigelus2k13
    Original Author
    4 years ago

You have to learn how to distinguish between cast pans and stamped pans. I have never seen cast pans at Costco, 95% of all the pans you see in any store are stamped ones.

Cast pans are much heavier, spread the heat much better and food is far less prone to stick to.

Look at the bottom of your Roch-Guss pan and notice the deep indent in the middle (2mm or so), and how the sides emerge from the flat bottom surface. If you find a similar-looking pan, the performance will be good too. The stamped pans have a flat bottom (no center indent or very minor one, almost like they're faking it) and rounded transition towards the sides.

• clangton6
    4 years ago

Thanks for your post. Learned something!

• tomoefan1
    4 years ago

I have had this pan many years. Cooks great and still looks great. I don't let anyone else use it so that it doesn't get abused.

• jsilv166
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Has anyone found where to buy Roch Guss cookware or the German website mentioned above?

• jsilv166
    3 years ago

Roch Guss cookware

• Johnny G
    3 years ago

How do you season it for the first time? I just bought it from home goods

• Jan Duberley
    3 years ago

I bought 28cm crepe pan. It is delightful, but unfortunately the circumference is too big for my ceramic stove so reluctantly I am putting it for sale on eBay today. It’s going to be difficult I think it’s a heavy one!

• Jan Duberley
    3 years ago

I seasoned mine with olive oil. Looking great and loving my pain, I had the 28 cm but I’ve also put the 24 cm as this is big enough for the pancakes I want

• Bev Kelly
    3 years ago

I also bought this pan from TK Maxx on a whim and find myself using it for everything. Does anyone have a website link to the Roch Guss cokkware as Google does not bring it up

• Lucy Anne
    3 years ago

I have the same pan. I bought it in TJ Maxx a few years ago I have several ,pans this is my all time favorite. I would like to buy more but cannot find a source???.

• imatric
    3 years ago

Im in Melbourne Australia and I bought another one just a week or so ago at TK Maxx. They don't have as many of the brand as before but I always check every time I go. I've managed to get about 4 different ones now. Just keep checking they're bound to pop up sometime.

• Jane Shelagowski-Broderick
    2 years ago

YES ! I too purchased a large one and 2 small pans. LOVE THEM they are my favorite THey are starting to wear though but we've had them for years. By far the best pans ever bought ours at TJ Maxx as well

• charan langton
    2 years ago

Same here. The bottom finish seems to be coming off. Disappointing. However, they are still good and nothing sticks.

• Pier Giorgio
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Hello!

I'm italian. "Grand chef - Roch guss" is top!

They are produced in northern Italy.

Their secret is die casting.

This is the site where you can find roch guss pans:

https://pentolediamantstone.it/categoria-prodotto/linea-roch-guss/

In my opinion the best roch guss are those that have the entire die-cast surface, like the pan I put in the link.

The handles are also die-cast and everything is a single block, so these pans can also be put in the oven.

This is the official roch guss site description of a 36cm pan:

" Roch Guss non-stick pan 36 cm The Roch Guss cm36 non-stick pan is a die-cast aluminum and thanks to the special stone coating it lasts longer than a normal pan. (7/8 years !!!!).

Neither oil nor fats are needed, ideal for a dietetic cuisine.

Absence of NICKEL and PFOA.

The Roch Guss cm36 non-stick pan has a diamond thermal base that withstands high temperatures. Always try to keep the flame moderate for greater energy savings.

The Roch Guss cm36 non-stick pan can go in the dishwasher without problems, although we recommend washing it by hand for a longer life of the product.

As soon as you finish cooking, wash it with cold water having a thermal shock, which unlike normal non-stick products, in which the black film would come off, in our Roch Guss 36 cm non-stick pan you have the opposite result, i.e. any food residues they come off immediately!

Then with a sponge on the side that does not scratch and a little detergent, you finish the cleaning.

There is no need for a large amount of detergent because they are already self-cleaning. Remember to always dry the thermal bottom.

Not being the usual non-stick, in the Roch Guss 36 cm non-stick pan you can use a fork or spoon (we recommend our nylon kitchen tools), pay attention to the knife!

The Roch Guss cm36 pan has two handles of the same material, allowing it to be used correctly in the oven. Remember to use pot holders.

When storing the pan, always try to keep the thermal base repaired between one pot and the other in order to avoid any chafing that can damage it.

We recommend using our PVC pan protectors.

Roch Guss 36 cm non-stick pan recommended for: risottos, roasts, braised meats, stews, stews, no oil is required."

Look at what a beautiful, minimal and appearance of solidity.

CONTATTI:

Sede legale: Cantù, via Mazzini n 67

Email: info@pentolediamantstone.it

Telefono e whatsapp: 3338508403

Facebook: Pentole Professionali

Instagram: Pentole Allevi Rivenditore ufficiale

• HU-593388672
    last year
    last modified: last year

I found this one in HomeGoods

8/2022

• gal gash
    last year

Hi

• anita barzey
    last year

Hello agree with you the best. i found the website however not speaking italian a friend in spain orderd it and had it deliverd it to me within 5 days deffinatly worth every penny http://diamantstone.it/

• imatric
    last year
    last modified: last year

I picked up a new crepe pan yesterday from TK maxx, they had 2 sizes and grill pans too, I decided I didn't need a grill pan. On the back of the Grand Chef paper stuck to the pan it has the website www.antikars.it there is such a huge range of products. I wish there was a true supplier here, but I get what I can from what TK Maxx still manages to source in.

I really want the deeper casserole pots. I have 4 different sized frying pans but not any pots which I really want.

• imatric
    last year

@Craig MacConnel I just bought that pan yesterday, haven't tried it yet though. Was going to use it for crepes/pancakes.

• Inna Zvonarjova
    8 months ago

Search in italian gives this result: