Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bernil_gw

Remodeling kitchen

bernil
11 years ago

We've downsized to a smaller home built in 1974. No renovations have been done, and the kitchen is an enclosed room with old appliances. We are knocking down a wall, and replacing EVERYTHING. I've spent so much time researching dishwashers, microwaves, cooktops, wall ovens and refrigerators my head is spinning. I found this forum, and read a long thread about refrigerators, but still need help. Our contractor is putting the fridge in a spot next to a wall on the left, and we need to find something that will fit within 36"and still have room to open the left door to allow the drawers to open. Don't know if I should be looking at french door, freezer on the bottom models or side by sides, etc.

I've chosen a GE Profile induction cooktop PHP9005MSS, and a Whirlpool WOS92EC0AS wall oven, which the contractor wants to put under the cooktop for space reasons. These seem to have better reviews on Consumer Reports and Home Depot and Lowe's. Has anyone had experience with either one of these?

I'm still looking for a dishwasher and microwave, but seem to be leaning toward a Kenmore dishwasher at this point.

I know this is a very broad email, but would be thrilled to get any input from people who have any experience with any of these appliances. Thanks in advance!

Comments (3)