Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
KitchenAid 26.4 cu. ft fridge drops ice cubes and odd sound?

Posted by krkahn (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 4, 12 at 23:55

We just got our new KitchenAid KSF26C6XYY side by side fridge installed and noticed 2 things.

1 - every so often the fridge will just drop an ice cube out when we are closing the freezer door.

2 - Whenever we close the fridge or freezer door it sounds as if a printer / fax machine is moving in our fridge. I googled this but didn't see anything about it and wondered if anyone is familiar with Kitchenaid fridges and their noises. It sounds like an old ribbon cable printer is moving back into place. Thanks for any advice you may have!

Kevin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: KitchenAid 26.4 cu. ft fridge drops ice cubes and odd sound?

I think it's the water coming in to make new cubes.

o
RE: KitchenAid 26.4 cu. ft fridge drops ice cubes and odd sound?

2. There is probably a door that is opening/closing between the ice bin and the door.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here