Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
911, calling all refrigerator knowledge!

Posted by bicyclegirl (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 5, 13 at 23:34

This is the best website & I feel so blessed to have come across it. I had excellent help in my decision on a range. Going w/ AR & know it's the best option for me.

I can only make one decision at a time, to keep the stress level down(!), so now it's onto the fridge. I have a kitchen the size of a postage stamp! So, I'm wanting to stay around 30" - not the norm. I may have to go up to 35", but every inch of appliance takes away from my cabinetry & counter space. Preferably counter depth, bottom freezer, stainless steel, & an ice maker. My budget is around $2200 max. Fisher & Paykal has a great looking one for around $2100. It's a new model, so can't find any reviews on it. Apparently F&P used to be good but have been bought by Haier & not so sure they're good anymore. Reviews vary, of course! Let's not make this easy!!! If anyone has a newer one, I'd like your opinion. Anyway, I'd love to hear all about great fridges you guys have or know about. Preferably newer than later models of anything. It appears companies have been changing hands quite a bit over the past few years, so that could change quality.

I know you're out there w/ great advice & can't wait to hear what you guys have for me!

Thank you in advance for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 911, calling all refrigerator knowledge!

Hi,

we have a FP that is a few years old. Basically, it does not cool properly. We frequently have temps in the 50's in the upper compartment, and this is without frequent openings. That's on the lowest setting... A recent consumer reports did not include FP fridges in the results because their cooling was insufficient. If that was not enough, try to get service on your FP. It is the worst nightmare in the world (see my post above). Personally, I would proceed very cautiously on FP!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here