Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fung_jeff

Picking a fridge

fung_jeff
10 years ago

I know this may be a very broad question. I really like the look of Fisher and Paykel fridges, but they seem a little small so I was wondering if there are any fridges that look similar, and have a price at around $2000, preferably lower. Also should be reliable of course haha

Thanks!

Comments (5)

• bicyclegirl1
    10 years ago

Hi fung jeff, I just posted a message asking for opinions on refrigerators. I, too, have been thinking about Fisher & Paykel, but don't know much about reliability. I love the look of them also, but not sure what their track record is like. I'll keep an eye on your post to see what you get & I'll get back w/ you if I get any info.

Good luck,
    Susan

• bicyclegirl1
    10 years ago

Fung jeff,

Just curious if you've found anything on the F&P refrigerators. Obviously not on here since I was the only one to respond! But, have you heard anything else from any other sites or anyone that has one? I love the look of this fridge & it fits great in my space & the price is right. But, the price could be very wrong if there are many problems w/ it in the future. I read somewhere that Haier (?) bought F&P back in 2012. Prior to that, they were great refrigerators. But, I can't seem to find anything on them in the last year. I don't know what to do! I'd like to take advantage of some July 4th sales, but won't if I can't find any feedback.

I'd appreciate any information if you came across it. Also, if you decided on another one, which one & why?

Thank you,
    Susan

• jellytoast
    10 years ago

Susan, you can try posting on the kitchen's forum ... tends to be more action over there.

• DJ493
    10 years ago

The wife and I have decided on the Samsung French Door RFG293SS. 29cu/ft looks great and Samsung has a good rep in thier frig's. Sits right at the $2000 price point.

• rosiepi
    10 years ago

I bought a Fisher s/s 3 years ago and I had to take apart the entire inside recently because of an electrical disaster that shut off our power while away for a month.
    Yuck.
    If anyone knows what to do to get that awful smell out I would appreciate a tip because I would hate to give this one up.
    Anyways that isnt my point this is: it struck as I spent the entire day cleaning the damn thing that it is a perfect example of form matching function in an appliance. Everything glides on metal, not plastic extensions, and every single part of each component, be it drawer, beverage console or shelf,-whatever it can be taken apart and cleaned, every piece of glass within every shelf can be removed and cleaned.
    There are 3 or 4 lights in the frig/2 in the freezer and I have only replaced 2.
    My only regret has always been the stainless which shows every single finger mark and spot, but that seems to be universal across all brands.