Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
naz7_gw

Thermador, Wolfe, or Dacor?

Naz7
10 years ago

Hello,

I prefer to pick one manufacturer for my kitchen appliances: interested in the 48" stove, wall oven unit (microwave, oven, warming drawer) and also a 48" fridge. I'm currently leaning towards Thermador 48" stove with the steam oven, and the 30" column fridge and 18" column freezer. I've been a happy Thermador (electric stove top and oven) and a Dacor (gas cooktop, electric oven) owner.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments (8)

• philwojo99
    10 years ago

If it was me I would not limit myself to one manufacturer for all my appliances. We mixed and matched for our remodel last year and are very happy with all of our choices.

If you are worried about the looks of how multiple vendors will go together I personally don't think it is that big of a deal.

I say spend your money wisely and get the best appliance you can afford of each type and that you like regardless of the manufacturer.

Others may have their own opinions, and this is just mine, so I wish you the best if your decisions.

Phil

• xedos
    10 years ago

Dito what Phil says - why limit yourself to one brand ???

If you must - forget Dacor - they don't have a steam oven or dishwashe and they don't make fridge units in house and have no Fully Integrated options at all.

Theramdor's rangetops aren't as robust as WOlf's and their ranges have had serious trouble over the last decade - a quick google will return you a month's reading if you fancy.
    I have had trouble with every single Tdor oven that I had to specify into a job for a client. Fixed under warranty but who needs the hassle ?

Column fridges are very nice and no issues, steam oven is too new to get a real read on, but I suspect they borrowed heavily from their sister Gaggenau who has lead the steam oven market along with Miele for about a decade.

Wolf/ Sub Zero has robust products and the network in place to service problems should they arise. Their steam oven is new and is made for them by an Italian outfit. Warming drawer is $$$ and a bit large so it doesn't blend well with Euro cabinets if that matters to you.

• jellytoast
    10 years ago

xedos, who makes Dacor fridges?

• xedos
    10 years ago

Think they still come from Whirlpool, not bad units though.

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

Thomas Wolfe does not make appliances but if I had to pick one company it would be Sub Zero Wolf :)

Last would be Dacor better yet pick the best appliance in each category regardless of brand.

Get a Capital Culinarian AG range with motorized rotisserie, self clean oven, grill, and powerful even 23k btu open burners.

With the money you save buy the Gaggenau steam oven.

Get the Gaggenau convection wall oven and warming drawer.

Get Sharp MW drawer.

The Thermador Freedom columns are excellent.

You did not mention dishwasher but in the price class of the appliances you are looking at get Miele.

Looking forward you can replace individual appliances instead of looking at a massive repair bill to replace one function or replace an entire combo unit.

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

Wolf not Wolfe

Below is a Capital Culinarian 48" range with four 23k btu open burners and a 24" hybrid grill. You can also put pots and pans on the grill.

Normally $10k.

Floor model on ebay is $6.4k link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: LINK

• goin2swim
    10 years ago

I think your cooking equipment should support your chosen cooking style within your means. Sounds like you have the means, so if you have a passion for grilling and can't do it outdoors 12 months a year where you live, install proper ventilation to deal with the inevitable smoke and don't look back. Ventilation is a hot and recurring topic on GW, so plenty of info here.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vent hood info

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022