Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fisher Paykel Cool Drawer or Other Freezer Drawer

Posted by leibo (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 14, 10 at 23:23

I was considering purchasing a Fisher Paykel Cool Drawer and was wondering if anyone has purchased it and what your opinions are on it? It only came out in December and I haven't found any reviews. I would use it primarily as a freezer drawer in addition to a 36" fridge. I am also considering an undercounter Summit freezer, or the SubZero freezer drawers as that is all I have found (but would rather not spend that much). I also saw a Perlick on some posts and was wondering your experiences with it. I would really appreciate any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fisher Paykel Cool Drawer or Other Freezer Drawer

I will be watching this as well. I am in the market because I am doing the 36" SZ too. I would prefer an ice maker in the freezer drawers because I would like to eliminate one appliance. Like you, I'd like a cheaper alternative than the SZ.

I remember hearing a while back the Summitt is loud.

o

Thanks for your response. I have read some reviews that summit is loud, although it might depend on the model. The commercial ones are loud, not sure about the residential ones. I have also read reviews on a different site about bad customer service. Would love to hear about a successful summit or other options.

o

I googled the Cool Drawer and it looks like a fridge not freezer. Am I missing something? It is also very wide, versus the subzeros which are 27" if I remember right?

Are you doing a separate icemaker? I am trying to avoid that . . . .

o

I have Perlick fridge drawers and would have no hesitation recommending any of the Perlick products. They were making commercial refrigeration before they went into residential, but they don't sound like commercial units.

o

I think the Fisher & Paykel Cool Drawers can be set to either refrigerator or freezer. I would love to know if anyone has had experience with them.... i cannot find any reviews either.

o

I have been researching this as well. The fisher paykal drawer can be both. Either a freezer or a fridge. Unfortunately it doesn't have an icemaker. Which is something I rather wanted.

o

"Unfortunately it doesn't have an icemaker"

This should tell you all you need to know about this for use as a freezer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here