Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
doctheokie

wolf m series oven

doctheokie
10 years ago

Am building and love the look of the m series ovens due out next year if you had to would you just put a cheap oven in till they come out?
The reason I like it is because on the Pro it has knobs which I really like the look of.

Comments (7)

• philwojo99
    10 years ago

I personally would not, I would get what I could now. Just because it is supposed to come out at a certain date doesn't mean it will come out then, or for that matter that it will even come out at all. Until something is on the market there are no guarantees that it will ever be available. That of course is just my opinion, take that for what it is, which probably isn't much! :)

Phil

• doctheokie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Actually Phil your opinion does matter and is greatly appreciated.

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

Do you want M series Double Ovens?

No other ovens?

Range oven ,steam oven or speed oven?

If not I might consider a Cutco countertop 1/4 oven.

If you put in something cheap, say something cheap and used from craigslist there really is no guarantee that the L-Series cutout will be the same as the M series.

When it is a foreign appliance maker there is a realistic chance that an appliance that is announced will be coming or should be coming never does.

Domestic appliance maker it is almost a sure thing it will, particularly these M series ovens but there is no definitive time table. It could be delayed months maybe a year and a half.

• Davis_Helen
    10 years ago

As we get closer to Q1 2014 any more word on how the M Series Ovens may be priced? Like a previous poster I am really intrigued by the look of the Professional with the knobs - and since we are not breaking ground for another 30 days (Oct 13 and have a 9 month build schedule hoping these will be out for consideration when we would make the final call. On at least confirmed install cut out specs. I really do like the look of that professional - possibly matched with with an Advantium speedoven and a BlueStar range top - or may relook at the Wolf range top just to some harmony and give on the BlueStar which is a constant debate at the house....

• Davis_Helen
    10 years ago

As we get closer to Q1 2014 any more word on how the M Series Ovens may be priced? Like a previous poster I am really intrigued by the look of the Professional with the knobs - and since we are not breaking ground for another 30 days (Oct 13 and have a 9 month build schedule hoping these will be out for consideration when we would make the final call. On at least confirmed install cut out specs. I really do like the look of that professional - possibly matched with with an Advantium speedoven and a BlueStar range top - or may relook at the Wolf range top just to some harmony and give on the BlueStar which is a constant debate at the house....

• philwojo99
    10 years ago

Davis_Helen, I don't have any word yet, maybe try calling Wolf directly to see what they say, always a good option to go directly to the source.

In terms of you comment on the BS range top, don't give up on it. We, my wife and I, liked the Wolf, but after going to their cooking demo at their showroom, which was great, we saw just how scratched up and discolored that nice shiny metal all over the top of it gets. Know I know that they do a lot of cooking there, but to me it is only once a week so it can't be all that much. I know they clean it every time, as they showed us that as well. It is just the nature of how those type of range tops performs, they will get scratched from cleaning and show discoloration from high heat over time and there is nothing you can do about that.

With the BS, since it is black and is cast iron you don't have any of those issues.

I won't go in to open vs closed burners or any of that, to me that is all personal preference. But again, don't give up on that BS, or maybe even an CC as they have the same basic design, it is such a wonderfully easy thing to keep clean and looking great compared to other options on the market, at least IMHO.

Phil

• Davis_Helen
    10 years ago

Thanks Phil - I am pretty sold on the Bluestar and your comments helped that thinking along - planning on going to Guy Guenther here in ATL again to take another look.

As for the Wolf M pricing - just got an email from Wolf today that pricing is not yet available and they suggested I contact my local dealer - which I found reverse logic from them - so guess we will wait it out on that and see if more data becomes available as we move in the latter part of the year.

Sponsored
WellCraft Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars61 Reviews
Virginia’s Full Service Design-Build Remodeling Company