Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jenn Air refrigerators?

Posted by courtney1000 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 27, 13 at 23:02

Hi. We are agonizing with our appliances for our new house. Thought I was going to get a Thermador French door 36 inch fridge, but at 84 inches tall the highest shelf is up way up there, and my oldest child (age 7) can barely reach the lowest fridge shelf and drawer.

I saw a Jennair 72 inch tall fridge today that seemed well laid out. On their website they have counter depth, builtin and integrated. I think I saw a counter depth, which was recessed enough in the display that it almost looked built in.

I can't find many reviews anywhere of this unit - does anyone have and have thoughts on it? I am sure it would be less $$ than the thermador, so I could upgrade somewhere else. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jenn Air refrigerators?

We saw a JENN-Air counter depth fridge at Best Buy that had a great price, we liked the layout and features and it was on sale. But when I came home to do research, learned that the company (according to some) has recently been purchased by another company and reputation was not that great. I looked at the various models and reviews on ajmadison.com and Amazon and maybe Homeclick.com, build.com - can't remember the exact web sites but when you consistently start seeing a lot of complaints, it convinces me to stay away.

o

i am just about to order the JA, FD, full size. There is a $300 rebate going on, which makes it less than KA. One salesperson prefers the GE Profile, but the ice/water dispenser on door is huge. On 1 site of reviews, it was given best rating. Others on GW, not so great.

JA now owned by Whirlpool, I believe

o

I have a JennAir CD french door fridge. It will be 2 years old next month. (And JennAir is owned and made by Whirlpool since 2006 I believe.) Anyway, I do love this fridge. Just last week I had my first issue. Water was leaking out the bottom. It seems to be the drain plug freezes and sends water down through the bottom freezer and out the bottom onto the floor. I wiped it all down and it's ok for now, but will need to be fixed. I read about this very problem on Whirlpool bottom freezer fridges (which we just purchased for our basement). I never read about the issue on a JennAir, but it makes sense since they are pretty much the same fridge. I haven't contacted JennAir yet for service - not sure if it's covered in the 2-5 year warranty or not. We'll see. I really love the looks and function of the JennAir fridge though.

o

Thanks Deb for the review of your Jenn-Air CD French Door Fridge since this is the one I fell in love with at the appliance stores I was at today. Sorry about the repair issue but I think it will be covered under your warranty. Please update us.

o

We have had a JennAir FD CD 42" fridge in our kitchen for a little over 3 years and it works fine.

o

Thank you vickimp for letting us know. I love the both style handles that the Jenn-Air Refrigerators have as well as their pretty stainless steel finish and layouts inside.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here