Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ajlaine_gw

Bertazzoni vs. Wolf

ajlaine
14 years ago

Ok, here's the deal... I wanted an absolutely no frills, no electronics, high power commercial-style range/oven for my new kitchen. I almost bought a commercial Vulcan, but after finding out all the pitfalls of that, I've decided I have to settle for residential-grade stuff.

I'm enamored of the Wolf 36", six burner gas setup, but I am not enamored of the price. I'm intrigued by the Bertazzoni 36" six burner setup, and the price sounds acceptable...

What am I missing? Is the Bertazzoni so much cheaper for a reason? What are people's experiences with them? I get that there's not quite as much power, but is the quality on par at all? Is this a good compromise or should I just save up?

Comments (13)

• guadalupe
    14 years ago

There is no comparison between Wolf and Bertazzoni, Bertazzzoni is cosmeetics not performance in the class of Wolf, if you want Wolf performance in Bertazzoni pricing see NXR Ranges, same style burner as Wolf (double stack) 15,000 btu per burner and infra red broiler with convection 36 6 burner about $3400.00 including the backguard.

• rococogurl
    14 years ago

I wanted the same thing -- no frills, no electronics, no high power. I just bought a Berta. The price point is excellent and to me the build quality was superior to other ranges in the same price category. Cost will net at $2200 (they had a $200 rebate earlier this week but don't know how long it will last).

If I wanted electronics, dual fuel, more power, bigger ovens and pro style I would have likely looked at Wolf as well as American and a couple of others. Good tip on the NXR.

• chefk
    14 years ago

It is true that you cannot compare these two side by side. You can see the differnce in quality by the burners, grates and door hinges. Although NXR is a good range, Bertazzoni is more readily available in the event that you need service. For the money difference to the Wolf you could step up to dual fuel. Also keep in mind that they offer a 36" in two series and 5 or 6 burners.

• mistermackie
    14 years ago

ChefK - NXR is serviced by the same company that handles Wolf. I had to use them to replace a knob with a bad casting - great service.

• mistermackie
    14 years ago

ChefK - NXR is serviced by the same company that handles Wolf. I had to use them to replace a knob with a bad casting - great service.

• guadalupe
    14 years ago

NXR hasn't had any service issues and I have yet to see anything but good comments on its performance and reliability

• guadalupe
    14 years ago

jedwards601 Bertazzoni is made in the USA?

• sara_the_brit_z6_ct
    14 years ago

No, Italy.

• tdev_riverbend
    14 years ago

NXR is assembled in China. I understand that most important parts are German and American. The user manual is totally fine. Just my 2 cents.

• andybp
    14 years ago

Have you considered a Bluestar range? If you are looking for an "high powered commercial range" this is probably the closest you will get.

I just bought the 36" gas range for my kitchen. Have yet to use it as kitchen is not fully installed so can't speak to performance but while researching found rave reviews from garden web as well all all the appliance stores I visited.

It's definitely no frills and has the highest BTU burners you'll find on a residential range as well as the largest oven, which will fit commercial baking sheets.

I also looked as Wolf and Bertazonni when researching. My sister has a Wolf range and is not thrilled with it. It takes way too long, in her opinion, to boil water. I loved the asthetics of the Bertrazonni but when I delved into it felt the performance didn't match up to the beauty.

I've attached a link to their website.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bluestar

• baltymoron
    14 years ago

The Bertas are really good looking ranges and get good reviews. The Wolf also looks great but is at least 1.5x as expensive as a Berta--- some models 2x or more. The BlueStars are just too expensive for their fit/finish. They are nice enough--- but still cost $5k for an all gas model. A Wolf in a package deal is not too much more than this. I understand the high BTU stuff on the BS... but I don't think the BS looks as good. I know you can cook the hell out of things with the BS. No doubt. Probably better than almost anything out there.

I agree with everyone--- comparing Berta with Wolf is kind of like comparing Volvo to Porsche--- or maybe Lotus to Ferrari. I don't know, you get my stupid drift. If you have the cash, get the Wolf. If you need the power and maybe are a little less picky about fit/finish, get the BlueStar. If you don't have as much $$ and care a lot about looks-- get the Berta.

• roxy63
    13 years ago

Can anyone tell me if the door on the NXR gets hot? Where does the heat exhaust from? Does heat blow on you through the door while baking? What parts of the range gets hot while using? Knobs, door etc,,? I am down to this NXR 36", Capital 36" and I may look at a Wolf if it is available in ALL gas.

ANY SUGGESTIONS ON A GAS WALL OVEN?

I will be buying standing range and (1) wall oven and want all gas fuel.