Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question re: washer dryer install in cabinet

Posted by kwscook (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 10, 12 at 22:25

We're relocating our washer/dryer to the kitchen (getting rid of our laundry room entirely - such a waste of space in our house!), and are having a cabinet built around it. I'm totally confused with the installation, and hope someone can help.

The cabinet maker would like to install the cabinet before the w/d are installed. That makes sense to me, so he can properly affix the cabinet to the walls and floor. BUT, we are using a telescoping vent so we can have as little space as possible between the wall and w/d units. With that, I'm confused how the appliance installers will be able to hook them up if there is a cabinet on both sides, thus restricting access.

And thoughts or experiences? I'm so confused!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question re: washer dryer install in cabinet

You should post on the laundry forum - you'll get more help there.

o

I'm also having my w/d moved from side by side to a closet (that is yet to be built). I will have my second meeting soon with my contractor and the w/d are high on my list of getting straight.
Thanks to gardenweb - can't remember which forum - probably laundry), I plan to ask for a "panel" so that the water source can be reached and examined without pulling out both machines. My contractor has already mentioned that we need to make sure there is enough room in the closet for the dryer vent (to do its thing). He looked at my set up now in the kitchen where the vent requires about 5 or six inches. This is added to the depth of the closet which will of course include the physical depth of the machine..

o

The periscope vent reduces that 5"-6" to 2"-3".

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here