Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does this refrigerator exist?

Posted by froglander (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 7, 12 at 22:25

For our small kitchen, was hoping to find a white, bottom freezer, hinge on the left ideally counter-depth fridge of a normal cubic foot size (so doesn't need to be huge but not tiny) and I am not really having any luck.

Does such a fridge exist?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does this refrigerator exist?

Not sure what you mean by "normal" cubic feet size. There are plenty of 22 cubic foot bottom freezer single door fridges that can have the hinges reversed to hinge left.

This GE GBSC0HCXWW gets decent ratings and is on sale for $1304 at Lowes. It's not counter depth though.

For French doors, this Maytag MFF2258VEW also gets good reviews and is available for $1439. It's not counter depth either.

o

That's the problem though, we have a galley layout kitchen and it's long and narrow so counter depth would work so much better.

o

I had a similar struggle. Appliances seem to be getting bigger and bigger. There are some smaller counter depth FD fridges - I was looking at Kitchen Aide. I ended up knocking a hole in a wall and putting in a small bottom freezer Whirlpool - so far I love it. There are also some very tall skinny CD fridges - I didn't really look too hard at them. They were small and expensive.

o

Check out Fisher and Paykel (sp?) They make a left hinge bottom freezer that is counter depth and is around 33" wide. I do not know if it comes in white, however. It is reasonably priced, too. I'm pretty sure the higher end brands (Sub Zero, Blomberg, Viking, etc,) all make what you are looking for.

o

I'm kind of in the same market, except that I'm more interested french door types, and that may expand your choices. The choices are pretty limited when it comes to getting you CD fridge in white. The fridges are also about 17 or 18 cu. ft., so not very large.

If you can accept stainless, there is a GE and and Kitcheaid which are slightly larger at 20 cu. ft. capacity and have freezer drawers.

Then, of course, there are "built-in models which take cabinet paneling so you do not have to worry about color. Those intriued me until I saw the $6k prices for the Kitchenaid and Jenn_aire models.

For single-door counter-depth bottom freezer fridges in white, I've seen I've see a couple of Fisher & Paykel models and a Samsung. Try a search at ajmadison.com and Sears.com if you have not already done so. (Note that the color slection is in the upper right at ajmadison and in the lower left of the screen at Sears.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here