Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
foodfiend_gardener

? about choosing Under-counter, built-in refrig

foodfiend_gardener
10 years ago

Only 2 more major choices to be made on appliances, and they're driving me nuts. The range hood questions I will post separately, but this one is about a small refrigerator.

We have a bar area at the end of the kitchen and, because the refrigerator will be at the opposite end of that room, we would like to install a 24" wide refrigerator to hold beer, mixers, etc.

I am a little surprised at how much they cost. I had seen the compact refrigerators for about $200, but it appears as though I have been looking at models not suitable as a built-in. Now I'm looking at Avanti, Summit, and ULine built-ins and they range from $700-1100.

I know nothing about these, does anyone have any suggestions please? It does have to be a built in unit (between 2 wood cabinets) with a stainless steel door.

Unfortunately, we only have a dialup connection and finding information is proving to be difficult (and frustrating!).

I would appreciate any help (and if you have opinions about range hoods, please go to that post as well!).

Comments (3)