Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stcy

Left venting dryer for laundry room

ott2
11 years ago

I am trying to finalize my list of appliances for a new build. It seems that the standard capacity Miele washers/dryers are being discontinued? I had planned on this pair because the dryer could left vent and the door on the washer could be changed so that it could sit to the right of the dryer. I have called around to local appliance stores, and all seem to be out of the standard capacity Miele pair and are not expecting any more. One store has a display pair on hold for me until tomorrow. I am almost a year away from being able to install, so it doesn't seem right to buy right now? The sales guy was not fond of the Asko pair because of service concerns. He showed me a Whirlpool (I think) pair where the dryer had a left vent option, but the washer door could not be changed to open from the left side which would make the ergonomics awkward. I'm looking for advice. Should I try to find a Miele pair somewhere and leave them sitting in storage until ready to install around a year from now? Anyone know of another model that would be good quality, have a left venting dryer and a washer that has a door that can be opened from the left? If I have to change the laundry room to accommodate a rear venting dryer, what is the best washer/dryer FL combo? If I can make a left vent option work, DH will be very happy as we have had several venting frustrations in the past and he wants to keep the venting straight forward in this new build.

Thanks...

Comments (3)