Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sanborn5_gw

My Wolf range keeps beeping!!

sanborn5
15 years ago

My 36" DF is 6 months old. I have had this problem 5 - 6 times since I bought it. I called Wolf and they told me to shut the breaker off and then back on. Almost like rebooting a computer. Should I really have to keep doing this???? This happens EVERY time I loose my power and the clock blinks. Tonight it is beeping and shutting off the breaker didn't help. In fact I have kept the breaker off and it keeps beeping every 5 minutes. Has this happened to anyone else? I am calling Wolf tomorrow. I love all my new appliances but the beeping is driving me crazy. My fridge beeps if doors aren't closed right, my dishwasher beeps when done. And, my washer and dryer beep. I know this is suppose to be a good thing. It is doing its job to let me know they are done. But the Wolf Range is a different story. This is NUTS.

Comments (14)

• keitel
    15 years ago

I can't speak to the range but you should be able to shut the beeping off on every other appliance. Just dig out your manuals and you'll find out how. I personally can't stand beeping so I shut it off on my washer/dryer, dishwasher, and even my microwave is muted so there is no beeping whatsoever. The only thing I have that has a permanent beep is the coffee-maker which beeps 5 times when done. Good luck with the Wolf: just keep at them and they'll eventually do the right thing. I was one of the unlucky ones with the screwed-up Wolf AG and they made it all right in the end.

• weissman
    15 years ago

It sounds like something is wrong - but do you really lose power that often?

• cpovey
    15 years ago

Almost like rebooting a computer.

Not almost, you are rebooting a computer.

Seriously, have you considered a UPS for your range? It would not have to be a large one.

• icebox
    15 years ago

I had the exact thing happen. They came out and replaced the "pod" (the flip-out oven control).

I agree with Keitel - stick with them and they'll make it right.

• solarpowered
    15 years ago

Is there a guy standing around flirting with the chicks who says his name is "Bond... James Bond"? Let him at your stove, and let him defuse the hydrogen bomb inside before it goes off and starts World War III...

• jkarish22
    6 years ago

Rebecca thank you!!!! You’ve saved me a ton of time

• Susan C
    6 years ago
    This totally worked for me! I could not find an answer in the manual so looked up online. I’ve never had this happen before and I’ve had my range 7 years. Thank you for posting!
  • jackel32451
    6 years ago

Got my Wolf in 2010, and last night started beeping. Never had problem before. Last night, by hitting clock button it stopped, but the button seemed to stick (clock kept advancing). Came down this morning and decided to check it and set clock. Started beeping and this time couldn't get it to stop. Also, the oven light wouldn't come on.

Shut off the breaker just to stop the beeping, then got on google to see if there was a solution. Saw this and so turned breaker back on. Voila, it woked and all back to normal.

What did we do before the internet........

• Patricia Smith
    3 years ago

Oven just started beeping for no reason. Pulling out the oven dial knob seems to have worked. Thanks so much!

• howardwiseman
    3 years ago

Did the beeping come back?

• Luis Romero
    2 years ago

They installed our 48” dual fuel range and within 10 days, it started beeping non stop. It’s really annoying! We tried the breaker (what customer service said), pulled the knobs as stated above but nothing! Will need to call service again on Monday!

• HU-150534382
    2 years ago

Wolf oven beeping. Tried circuit breaker. Didn’t help. Had service come out and Wolf service blamed our whole house Generac backup generator. Replaced part recommened by their service. Still beeps. Said replace circuit breaker. Did and still beeps.

Out almost $500 and still beeps. i have three options 1. live with beeping , 2. turn oven off at circuit breaker when not in use and 3. get a new oven. My husband wants me to get a new oven.

• indiaann
    11 months ago

We have a dual cooker and this alarm goes off all the time. Have spent £££££s on it with the Wolf engineer who never finds out what the problem is. For the money we spent on this cooker it is substandard - rubbish customer service and if you are contemplating buying a Wolf don’t.
    This is clearly a problem look how many of us are suffering this fault!! Wolf get this sorted!