Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michoumonster

blomberg refrigerator in silver?

michoumonster
11 years ago

hi, does anyone have a blomberg refrigerator? there are hardly any reviews on this brand. they look really nice but have not seen them in any showrooms in person in my area. i also am considering the summits which look identical to the blombergs from pictures. i need a 24" wide refrigerator and there are not many inexpensive options out there... liebherr is out of budget..

In particular, I am interested in the silver blomberg. Any pics you can share? I cannot find any real pics of it anywhere.

thank you for any info!!

Comments (17)

• yebo
    11 years ago

Of course I don't know where you are. I'm in NYC. Can't find induction range to look at, but refrigerators...
    My Home Depot (23 Street in NYC) has Blomberg on display. It's been awhile and I don't remember specifics.
    But - I do remember that I read a terrible, specific review that made me stop considering Blomberg. So I think you should search further on the web for reviews (beside GW, I use epinions and google). Your mileage may vary re: the review.
    Also, Flamtech on the Bowery has Summit, which to me looked cheaper, not just less expensive.

• michoumonster
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Yebo, thanks for your input. I am in the SF bay area. I don't know why there are not as many small refrigerators on display around here as land is pretty scarce here as well. But I have yet to see any of them in person!
    I saw only 2 reviews on epinions on the blomberg before and those were the only ones i could find. lots of negatve reviews on the summits though. so i think that rules those out for me.
    i will also try to look for the 24" LG. it is sounding like this might be my best option for now since at least the brand is more prevalent..

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    11 years ago

It's too bad you didn't include Summit in your thread title, since I think there are a few summit owners here. Try doing a search using the box at the bottom of this page and you should find some threads with Summit owners talking about their fridges.

• michoumonster
    Original Author
    11 years ago

thanks writersblock. i did try searching, but did not turn up too much. maybe i will try to start a new thread. thanks!

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    11 years ago

Sorry for the double post.

• gwgin
    11 years ago

I just replied to your other thread, but saw this one, and since I'm also in the Bay Area, thought I'd chime in here as well.
    I had the same problem years ago when shopping for a small refrigerator. I wanted to see a real one before purchasing, and none of the major appliance places seemed to have any on the floor and didn't seem to be too interested in suggesting options other than the 27" Sub-Zero. Liebherr was not even mentioned. I finally found a small retailer in the Mission/South of Market area, House of Louie, who had the LG floor model & ordered it for me from South Korea. I ordered it in Dec 2005 and I think it took about 2-3 months to get here. (Don't remember the exact length of time). The price was comparable to what ajmadison.com charges.
    You might try contacting the distributor for the refrigerator you want and check to see if they have a local company that stocks it.

• gwgin
    11 years ago

I just replied to your other thread, but saw this one, and since I'm also in the Bay Area, thought I'd chime in here as well.
    I had the same problem years ago when shopping for a small refrigerator. I wanted to see a real one before purchasing, and none of the major appliance places seemed to have any on the floor and didn't seem to be too interested in suggesting options other than the 27" Sub-Zero. Liebherr was not even mentioned. I finally found a small retailer in the Mission/South of Market area, House of Louie, who had the LG floor model & ordered it for me from South Korea. I ordered it in Dec 2005 and I think it took about 2-3 months to get here. (Don't remember the exact length of time). The price was comparable to what ajmadison.com charges.
    You might try contacting the distributor for the refrigerator you want and check to see if they have a local company that stocks it.

• alexrander
    11 years ago

In the lower mission, somewhere below 12th street on Mission is a Discount Builders Supply store that have many apartment refrigerators. Practically right next to them is BSC Culinary- a high end appliance store.

Also, I think I've seen Blomberg fridges in the East Bay at Airport Home Appliance- they have several locations, in Hayward, Redwood City, Berkeley...

• michoumonster
    Original Author
    11 years ago

gwgin and alexr, thanks for the tips on where to see the smaller fridges. it sounds like a trip up to the city is in the horizon for me! airport appliance in redwood city is near where I am, but the salesman there told me summit had to be special-ordered and they had none on display. i wonder if the east bay locations will be have them. i will make some calls tomorrow. thanks again!

• anoop
    8 years ago

What did you end up getting?

• michoumonster
    8 years ago

hi anoop, i ended up getting a 24" LG. it has been working fine and looks pretty nice in SS.

• anoop
    8 years ago

Thanks.

• justpyka
    8 years ago

I have purchased Blomberg couple of month ago, the inner liner of the fridge cracked already when something fell in the fridge. The customer service does not care will not fix or exchange the product even though we still have warranty They suggest i duck tape it!

• lfowlers5
    3 years ago

I absolutely love my Bloomberg refrigerator. I have the stainless French door . It is very quiet and what I absolutely also love is that the water and ice maker are on the inside instead of showing on the outside so it’s a really beautiful clean look. I don’t know where you are located but I am in New York.

• pdxrev
    3 years ago

We own a Blomberg fridge with the freezer on the bottom. Two years after purchase, thermostat went haywire and we had to call a service person. $175 later, the service person arrived, pushed a reset button that's not in the manual, and it worked for 9 months, then it happened again. This year, another $163.63 later, we got the guy to come back and push the button again. So, it appears that owning this fridge is costing us $175/year + a loss of our veg drawer contents every year. I would not recommend Blomberg because the annual maintenance seems a bit more than I'd expect for a fridge. I doubt it will last as long as the fridge it replaced.

• Brigitte Drew
    3 years ago

I just put a deposit on a Blomberg Fridge, Stove and Dishwasher today, came home started reading reviews on several sites, including this one and the message is loud and clear Avoid! Waaayy too many problems... I wouldn’t want them for free upon reading everyones reviews. Guess I’ll be getting my deposit back :(even though I was thrilled about my purchase today. Beautiful appliances, great value, with no substance, yet they’re still around 130 years later go figure.

• anoop
    3 years ago

The brand is around but probably not made the same way