Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer2413

Can anyone help a newbie with KitchenAid choices?

jennifer2413
11 years ago

We are getting ready to do our first kitchen remodel -- replacing all four major appliances with stainless steel. We've never bought appliances before, and this is my first post here. (So go easy. ;-)

We have a discount hookup for anything in the Whirlpool family (Amana, Maytag, Whirlpool, Kitchen Aid, Jenn Air) so it has to be those brands, leaning towards mostly KA.

Right now, am thinking:

Fridge -- KFXS25RYMS, 4 door French door 25 cu ft. Standard depth, even though it will stick out a bit, much to our decorator's horror. The other choice would be the 21.8 cu ft counter depth French door one, but I really want more room.

Freestanding 30 inch Gas Range/Double Oven: KGRS505XSS

Also like the slide in Architect series one, KGSS907SSS, with a single oven.

I'd like to save some money on a simple, no frills microwave. Can't find many reviews for this Whirlpool, but it seems straightforward: WMH31017AS

This Maytag 1.6 cubic feet is well reviewed and similarly priced: MMV1164W

The KA microwaves are really stretching our budget.

Dishwasher -- Leaning towards KUDC10FXSS from the KA classic line. (With integrated console, but no pot scrubbing.)

KUDS30IXSS, from the Superba line, has the pot scrubbing but no integrated console and got some strongly negative reviews online, which makes me nervous. But similar in price.

Also considering spending more for KUDS35FXSS, from the Architect series. (Does anyone know the difference between this one and KUDS30FXSS?)

FWIW, a friend swears by Maytag mdb7759aws, which is a similar look and features, but at a lower price point.

Any and all thoughts, suggestions, alternatives appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments (3)