Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Buying Miele induction from canada

Posted by lalitha (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 18, 11 at 21:16

Hi all,

You have probably seen posts from me on 24" induction cooktops. I just noticed that Miele Canada has a 24" induction in the exact config I want. Any advice on buying a canadian unit? Is there any UL certification type issue? I am not sure if this is new product.. if so is it a matter of time before it is introduced in US?

I was all set to buy a Kuppersbusch and then they pulled out of the US market. I am still exploring picking up a Gagg from Europe. Have a couple of leads there (either shipped from a kitchen design firm in UK or buying it myself on a likely business trip to Germany)

Here is a link that might be useful: Miele 24

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Buying Miele induction from canada

Electrical is the same in the US and Canada. The Miele (and the AEG-Electrolux) will work. Anything that uses electricity will work.

The Gagg from Europe will work here too, but its diagrams will not show the same description as a description made for US (or Canadian) electricity. No big deal. One participant ( plllog ) already posted about this, from first hand experience.

o

Well I called a couple of retailers and the story is that while I can order online, the delivery has to be in Canada and is handled by miele.. No shipping to ca. I am bummed as I was going to combine with Miele 15" wok burner(27K btu).

Lalitha

o
R2E: Buying Miele induction from canada

http://www.aeg-electrolux.ca/

http://www.aeg-electrolux.ca/products/cooktops.html

o

Miele in Canada handles all the after sales service. They deliver, install, service. Retailer are merely order takers for Miele.

Referred to in Canada as Forever Care (a unique concept in the appliance industry).

Here is a link that might be useful: Miele Forever Care - Canada

o

Brandt TI17B looks interesting.

Here is a French internet seller of popular priced 60cm induction units. Perhaps you could pick up a unit you like somewhere while you are in Germany and get the VAT rebated later. Then once Miele starts selling what you want in the US, replace it.

Mouse to "Cuisson" button in top row (under the "Bathing Beauty") then go to top of right column click on "Induction table". Five pages of stuff.

Here is a link that might be useful: maismoinscher

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here