Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me ID this 48' Thermador Professional range with two ovens

Posted by purpleplume (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 30, 12 at 21:09

We are hoping to buy a house we've had our eye on for the past 10 years. It is in a slow foreclosure process and a short sale, but the property is exquisite and has all the qualities we want. Yesterday, we saw it with a realtor and I took some hasty photos with my cell.

Now that I'm back online, I am trying to identify the model number of this 48" Thermador range with dual oven. While there I opened the oven doors but could not locate the model number. I also have close-up shots of the control knobs for both ovens I could post, if that would be helpful.

The large oven control knob sits beneath 5 small push buttons labeled Off, Bake, Conv Bake, Broil, and Clean. To the left of the oven control knob are 3 indicator lights labeled Oven On, Heating, and Door Locked as well as a toggle switch labeled Light.

On the small oven, the black push buttons above the control knob are labeled Off, Bake, Broil, and Proof.

I am not sure when this appliance was installed but the current owner has had the property for ten years and during that time the entire kitchen was put it, so I suspect it dates to the early 2000s. The property is rented out and the new tenants are just moving in, so I cannot ask them. I tried Googling but haven't come up with any models that match the set of buttons and knobs I photographed. Hoping someone here might recognize this. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me ID this 48' Thermador Professional range with two ove

Thermador has active customer service. I emailed them regarding older wall ovens and vent system I still use. They were very helpful.

Perhaps you want to look up the "contact us" window on Thermador.com and send them your picture and description. Their technical team should be able to help you out, given your specifics.

Good luck.

o

Thanks @SparklingWater. I did try to contact Thermador via their website--several times--but I keep getting an error message:

"Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request.

This error has been logged and our engineers are working on the problem."

I realize they have a reputation for unfavorable service responses, but I didn't realize it carried over to their website as well. ;)

o

So I went back and looked up their email address in my correspondence. Maybe this will help you further. Hope this helps.

Thermador-USA-Questions@bshg.com
questions@BSHG.COM
Our STAR� Customer Support Team is ready to assist you.
1-800-735-4328

o

Your model number is behind the toe kick at the bottom. This looks like a mid 1990's prorange. Since it's self clean it's probably a dual fuel model. It looks like maybe a PRSE486GD. I'd guess it at around 15+ years old

o

Had another chance to look at the photo and realized you have star burners so the model is probably a PRDS486GD. This should date it in the early 2000's

o

@SparklingWater - I called and Thermador reps could not help me with questions regarding identifying an older model. But thanks for the number. It was worth a try.

@jakvis - I called Thermador back with the model number PRDS486GD and was able to get a rep to email me the manual for that model. The knobs and buttons match up, so I think we're close, but the shape of the burner grates looks different. I'm wondering which model they came out with to replace the PRDS486GD. Perhaps that would be it. Regardless, you've been a great help because after reviewing the manual I better understand the features this range offers.

Many thanks to you both.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here