Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for good performing 30" single wall oven

Posted by torchred (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 9, 14 at 20:59

Hi, my wife and I are building a new home and going with a thermador 36" gas cooktop and currently have a dacor RNO130s wall oven picked. It was highly recommended at trail appliances up in Calgary. Also a dacor DHW361 chimney hood fan.

However I have been looking and it sounds like the dacor ovens are POS's.

What would you folks on here recommend? Should we look at switching to a kitchen aid wall oven, electrolux or bosch.

We aren't huge cooking people, the dacor is costing us $3200 cdn so we are fine spending this amount. I just want a good solid oven that will work for years without problems. Seems like a good sight I have been searching ovens tonight. Seems like the kitchenaid might have issues with the self cleaning feature cooking the electronics?

Thanks in advance for the help. If our cooktop or hood fan is a bad choice please let us know as we have time to switch stuff.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for good performing 30" single wall oven

There are people on here who have Dacor and like it, but there are a lot of negative reviews and I do agree there are other brands that are less risky.

KitchenAid vs. Bosch vs. Electrolux? Many people complained about excessively loud fan noises on their KitchenAid ovens. I have a KA oven myself and it's had no problems, but it is also 7 years old at this point so doesn't say anything about their current ovens. We have no idea if the problem has been fixed, so I'd rule out KA.

This forum has regarded Bosch and Electrolux as the best ovens in that price range. If you want a side swing door, go Bosch since Electrolux doesn't offer that. Otherwise, I'd go with Electrolux since Bosch just came out with a new design that is unproven. Electrolux has kept their same good design since 2008. Let someone else be the beta tester :)

o

Thanks for the info. We are mounting the oven below the cook top for a slide in range type look but a cleaner finish with it being built in so the side swing door might be a no go for us.

I will check the Electrolux out and give some of the Bosch ovens a look over.

o

If you're putting the oven below your cooktop, you should probably get the same brand. The makers make sure that the various bits don't interfere with each other.

o

The new Bosch are available with both side-swing and pull-down doors. I'm also down to either Bosch or E-lux, and am strongly leaning toward the bosch side-swing oven. Yes, hvtech42, I guess I'm willing to pay the big bucks to be a beta tester, lol!

For me, it came down to looks. My preference is the clean look of the bosch or e-lux icon, but my wall oven will have a microwave above it, and I just did not like any of the standard microwaves, even with fancy euro-styled trim. But the new line of Bosch has a speed oven with acceptable looks.

o

I am also in the market for a good 30 in single wall oven with a kitchen remodel. Thanks for the information as I was also comparing the Dacor Renaissance wall oven and convection microwave vs the Kitchen Aid wall oven and convection microwave. I will check out the Bosch line. I also noted in one of the post a mention of the Bosch speed oven. I have considered a single wall oven with a speed oven vs a convection microwave. Any one have some information about how the Bosch speed oven compares to the GE advantium oven?

o

The Bosch speed oven seems to be limited compared to the Advantium. Bosch only has 9 automatic speed programs, Advantium has a ton more, I'm not sure how many. You can read the owners manuals of all these ovens online (which by the way you should do before you buy any appliance).

No love for Electrolux? Their Icon line would honestly be my pick. And you can also get Pro-style handles if you're into that look. If you want their "Designer" look you would stack the E30SO75ESS speed oven over the E30EW75GSS walloven. If you want pro-style stack the E30SO75FPS over the E30EW75GPS.

o

I have a Dacor double oven on order, and a few other Dacor pieces. I've never owned Dacor, but two friends have many Dacor appliances and have been very happy, e.g. quality, performance, reliability, etc. Saying they are "POS" may be a stretch. I've learned you can have a bad experience with any brand, high end or main stream. I just came from a full Thermador kitchen and, while generally satisfied, had my share of problems. Local service and support is key IMO. Also,the 3 year warranty Dacor is currently offering is a big deal. Most makers aren't doing that.

o

I agree joc6820 the three years warranty is a big deal and the incentives they are currently offering until Sept 30th makes it an even bigger deal. I normally would not consider Dacor due to the price and my budget for the appliances in my remodel, but the above makes it very affordable. I just want good quality appliances that will perform for more than five years.

o

Thanks to all for the help, I will check out the Elux too. Didn't consider them at first, but good reviews on this site. Really appreciate all the post!

o

Thanks to all for the help, I will check out the Elux too. Didn't consider them at first, but good reviews on this site. Really appreciate all the post!

o

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here