Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trying to shoehorn a new Bosch dishwasher

Posted by nancita (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 19, 12 at 20:37

Hi all,
In my 1880 home, nothing is even. I am trying to replace the dishwasher that came with the house with a Bosch. The height max is 33". The bosch's are 33-7/8". Can I somehow cheat? The counter is not very good but they sure did secure it to everything they could. Maybe I could cut a bit under the counter, which is formica?
Thanks.

Oh, is that height typical ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trying to shoehorn a new Bosch dishwasher

Have you looked at the ADA compliant / special application dishwashers from Bosch? These are 2 inches shorter, I think.

Alex

o

The Bosch SGE63E15UC is the ADA machine mentioned by Whirlpool Trainee. It is only 32 inches high and the cutout requirement is H 32 1/16'' x W 24 '' x D 24 ''

o

We have that exact model installed in a normal-sized opening and have a teeny, tiny gap at the top which you can't see unless you are looking for it. Best washer I've ever owned - everything comes out absolutely sparkling clean with Finish Quantum tabs! We have rock-hard water here in TN and the softener does an amazing job and keeps everything smooth and shiny without requiring any extra citric acid products (like LemiShine) or phosphates. Now as others have said it "looks small" inside compared to some big US models and the rack system takes some getting used to. If you have big heavy items like Fiestaware then you'll have to get creative with the loading. But you will not be disappointed with the cleaning results, especially if you have hard water.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here