Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mboston_gw

samsung french door fridge - model rf263beaesr/aa

mboston_gw
11 years ago

Just got this earlier this month and boy - it is noisy. There are several type of sounds it makes - the most annoying is a humming that seems to occur frequently - I usually hear it in the morning about the time I'm fixing breakfast. Its a vibrating sound that increases - like the compressor is revving up. The other sounds are not as bad, a low hum sometimes and then a ticking sound. I'm assuming thats expansion, contraction of some of the parts as the manual suggests. But the vibrating sound is irritating and can be heard in other rooms and over the TV in the family room.

Another issue is that the ice maker is a new design - supposed to make ice quicker. So far it seems to do that job but the ice isn't as solid as I would expect and also comes out in chunks along with whole cubes even when you select whole cubes not crushed. Manual says that is to be expected if the ice isn't used fast enough. With only 2 people, we use what we can - but I would prefer whole cubes only - not both at once.

So, does anyone else have this new model and if so are you seeing the same issues?

Comment (1)