Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
samsung french door fridge - model rf263beaesr/aa

Posted by mboston (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 31, 12 at 20:17

Just got this earlier this month and boy - it is noisy. There are several type of sounds it makes - the most annoying is a humming that seems to occur frequently - I usually hear it in the morning about the time I'm fixing breakfast. Its a vibrating sound that increases - like the compressor is revving up. The other sounds are not as bad, a low hum sometimes and then a ticking sound. I'm assuming thats expansion, contraction of some of the parts as the manual suggests. But the vibrating sound is irritating and can be heard in other rooms and over the TV in the family room.

Another issue is that the ice maker is a new design - supposed to make ice quicker. So far it seems to do that job but the ice isn't as solid as I would expect and also comes out in chunks along with whole cubes even when you select whole cubes not crushed. Manual says that is to be expected if the ice isn't used fast enough. With only 2 people, we use what we can - but I would prefer whole cubes only - not both at once.

So, does anyone else have this new model and if so are you seeing the same issues?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: samsung french door fridge - model rf263beaesr/aa

Call the dealer ASAP and make them replace that sucker! Don't delay. New fridges aren't noisy like that. Something is wrong. Maybe it's out of balance but I would make them fix it with one visit or make them replace it. Trust me you do not want to live with a noisy lemon. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here