Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gothaml

Miele - new models?

gothaml
9 years ago

The new Miele oven models just came out, but I don't feel great about ordering a brand new model. I was all set to get the master chef double oven, with the rotisserie included, now they have a new oven model that does not include the rotisserie and there aren't any reviews yet. Should I ask my appliance dealer to order the master chef and hold it ??

Comments (16)

• saeyedoc
    9 years ago

You may want to check around for floor/demo models of the old ones. Just found a eurodesign Combi-steam and 30" Chef series Convection oven for 30% off.

• schicksal
    9 years ago

There are two of us here getting the new models in July. I'm sure you'll get reviews quickly from us :)

• gothaml
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks schicksal! Is that a Yiddish reference in your name of happenstance? I will stop by my appliance store today.

• schicksal
    9 years ago

It's more of a German reference (betcha can't guess where my mom's side moved from). The word may have similar meaning - I'm used to it being used basically as fate/destiny.

I got an email from AJ Madison today. The order is picked up and now in transit. The other Miele order I placed in April arrived in under a week so hopefully this will as well. I'll take pictures but it's a shame the kitchen details such as the backsplash are not complete.

• brightm
    9 years ago

I'm the other one schicksal mentioned. I'm getting an M-touch speedoven (H6700BM) I ordered it Monday 6/30. It's set to be delivered and installed 7/21 as long as my cabinets etc. are ready. When I ordered it, there was a big red blurb at the top of the Miele order page that said the 4000 series was no longer available. So if you wanted the old model it may have to be in the form of a floor model.

We were planning to get the bottom/chef speedoven but when we saw the new one...we caved.

schicksal...I thought it was a reference to where you live.

• gothaml
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The new double oven is 2k more!!!

Ugh!

Our dealership is calling around to see if he can find one in stock, which he will hold for me until we need it.

We will find out today if he can find one or not. Ugh. That is not a minor change in price, I am really irritated about.

Now I am wondering if I should change the configuration...but we are about to start demo, though the first two months of our project will be structural.

• brightm
    9 years ago

I bet the M-touch is that much more, but there should still be a model similar to the old one, no?

• brightm
    9 years ago

Hmmm. I've been looking at the Canadian and UK Miele sites to get info. And no double ovens in the UK and only M-touch in Canada. So that's likely the case here too. In speed ovens, I think we got what is more similar to Canada.

I have zero experience with double ovens. Is there a benefit to do a 'double oven' versus two stacked separates? Is it normally more cost effective? If you can't get an old one and you want the chef or master chef style ones, maybe you could get separates more reasonably. I believe that the Chef is now Easy Control and Master Chef is now SensorTronic. (guessing)

• saeyedoc
    9 years ago

Doubles are more cost effective, but if one goes out, you may have nothing.

• schicksal
    9 years ago

Exactly my thought - why not go conventional with one and speed or stream with the other? Doing that may offset the difference in cost, and the smaller of the two may be much more convenient for day to day use.

• gothaml
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Saeyedoc, that is a great idea, may I asked how you did your floor model search?

I looked and doing a 30" wall oven and combi oven is bout the same as the new double ovens, but it may be more flexible.

• saeyedoc
    9 years ago

I just happened to be in a Miele dealer buying a dishwasher and asked. I was in a different dealer a few months ago and they had some, but they weren't the models I wanted and the discount wasn't as good.
    I'd just start calling Miele dealers near you.
    I plan on using the smaller Combi-steam 90+% of the time, the larger oven is mainly for holidays and parties.

• gothaml
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, I will get on the phone tomorrow.

• ollie11226
    9 years ago

any updates from those of you with new products?

• brightm
    9 years ago

My cabinets should start going in tomorrow. ::

Anxious.

• schicksal
    9 years ago

I've used both the combi-steam oven and wall oven. If you're going to be the one installing them you need to know they are HEAVY! They're around 52 and 97kg each. I recommend a helper for the wall oven + a second helper to screw in the water connection. The trim kit for the combi-steam oven, or anything that fits that same size profile is a bit of an adventure to install too.

I was worried that the screen would be too small but it's actually just fine. About as high as my Nexus 5 is wide, and wider than the phone is long. Resolution is just fine and the touch controls respond accurately. It's easy to learn how to use.

It will want to run a quick program that cleans the steam oven after every use that includes you adding more water and emptying the condensate. It cleans the steam oven wall though, I have no stains anywhere. So far I've only used it to steam cook vegetables though.

The wall oven has been used so far to make scones and shrimp. The shrimp came out great. The scones are on me since I probably shouldn't have used convection bake. It preheats quickly, easily as fast as the early '90s 24" Jenn Air I liked so much.

I never thought I would use both at once but have already found it useful when I was making vegetables in the steam oven and shrimp in the wall oven, so that's nice. I'm looking forward to doing more advanced things with it but with family around for however many more days that will probably have to wait.