Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Input needed: choosing 42" built-in french door refrigerator (Kit

Posted by trippknightly (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 22, 13 at 19:38

Am considering KitchenAid built-in 42" French door and also a Jenn-Air. I'm trying to figure out how MUCH more worth it the Jenn-Air premium is. Plus it seems easier to get discounts on KitchenAid than Jenn-Air. I'm open to being convinced of other brands (just have to justify the premium).

Thx

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Input needed: choosing 42" built-in french door refrigerator

Best way is to look at both! Compare the features, shelves, lighting, temperature controls and readouts.

I guess none of the new Jenn-airs have the features my 2006, 48" built in JA has? It has crank up/down shelves in both fridge and freezer, it has 3 different temp settings in the fridge compartment, (Meat Keeper, Chrisper and main fridge), all digital readout and control. It is well lit, both the fridge and freezer. It uses the variable speed compressor, which according to an "Old Post", all whirlpool made fridges do, (alto I would double check that).

It has been trouble free except the icemaker falied after 5 years, (heater), a replacement cost me about $135 and took me 10 minutes to change it.

Just about all reviews, here in GW, are positive about the KA fridges, so either should suffice, just compare the features and if they differ from the KA to the JA, are they important enough to YOU, to pay the extra money?"

Compare warranties too!!!

I had originally thought I wanted a 42 inch built in fridge, but I can't tell you How HAPPY we are, that I found an extra 6 inches for the 48", something You "May" want to consider!

Good luck with your pending decision!!

Gary

I

o
RE: Input needed: choosing 42" built-in french door refrigerator

Thx very much good input and will definitely be looking them over (literally and figuratively) before the buy. I think we're stretching (space not $) to go 42 but would do 48 if could. Heck, I'd even double down for a 96! At least we have a fridge for garage.

I'm a little confused as to how much of today's Jenn-Airs are merely mockery of their ancestors, even though there are some good threads here from 2-3 years ago).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here