Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
local_eater

30' cooktop or dual fuel range

localeater
11 years ago

I am redoing my kitchen and this includes replacing my GE Profile slide-in smoothtop range and converting to propane.

My current stove is satisfactory in many ways. The oven is great- even temperature, convection, not too loud, features that I use and like include temperature probe, delayed start, and cook time.

What I don't like is the time it takes to come to a boil and to come back to a boil. I do a lot of canning, in a 26 qt pressure canner, and I think the long reboil time, sometimes screws up my results.

I am thinking of going with a Bosch 500 series electric oven though I would love something as good, that costs less. So suggestions on an oven are welcome.

For a cooktop, I am considering a DCS, a Bosch, the Frigidaire Professional. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

I could also go with a range, and like the Bosch Integra. I don't like that the grates are very high and I don't know if money wise for a few hundred dollars more I would be better off going with separate components? The oven will go undercounter so wall height placement is not a selling point.

Please give me your feedback and suggestions. This is such a big purchase and so confusing.

Comments (5)