Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
avian_gw

French Door Refrigerator Confusion

avian
9 years ago

I am trying to purchase a 22 cu. ft FD refrigerator or possibly larger if it does not measure over 35" both width and depth. I have been to all of the major stores as well as some smaller appliance dealers. The last place I went to the salesperson recommended the Whirlpool line including Maytag & Kitchenaid. I've read reviews when available, checked reliability ratings, looked at info online if refrigerator not available in the store and still have no idea what might be the best bet for me.
The Maytag recommended to me was MFF2258DEM but I honestly don't like the way it looks (the handles) and I'm being discouraged to buy Maytag from a friend who had a terrible experience w/ his Maytag appliance. The Whirlppol recommended was WRF532SMBM but the pricing for this and the Maytag was the same & the Maytag has the better warranty. I like the look of the LG LFC24770ST and 22770ST inside and out but am being dissuaded from purchasing LG due to servicing problems. I also considered the Kitchenaid KBFS22ECMS but I really have no interest in the internal water dispenser. In fact, since every model I've looked at has an icemaker, I am just planning on turning it off because I am not interested in that either.
I currently have a 7 year old GE Profile French Door which is having issues and techs have failed to resolve the problem at this point. I don't think I want to do GE because I also have problems with other GE appliances I purchased that are the same age as my refrigerator.
Any suggestions and guidance would be appreciated. I have read several refrigerator threads here and they have been helpful but wondering if anyone has the models I have listed and can give me your input or let me know what you think about the brands. Any other recommendations also appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Comments (3)