Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vmani_gw

Gaggenau fridge/freezer & Wall/Steam oven installation

vmani
10 years ago

Hello Gaggenau users,

We are planning to install 24 in fridge and 24 in freezer side by side. We also want the install the 24 in Wall Oven and 24 in Combi Steam Over right next to the Freezer. Our cabinet depth is 24 in.

We want to install the appliances flush with the cabinets. Is that possible in terms of accessing the appliances? Are there any recommendations for how to accomplish this?

We were also wondering if installing the ovens and fridge would be a problem in terms of the heat affecting the fridge and accessibility.

Any help in getting us to better understand our options is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vidya

Comments (4)

• xedos
    10 years ago

you need to be concerned about the door clearing the handles on the ovens depending on how you hinge them.

FYI - the Gaggenau ovens will not be totally flush with cabinetry that has 3/4" thick doors. The oven doors are a bit thicker.

• attofarad
    10 years ago

It used to be that, if you stacked the combi over a standard Gaggenau
    wall oven, you needed more depth than the standard 24". So, you had to
    pull the cabinets out by 2" from the wall, and presumably have an end panel which accomodated that. I just had my cabinets made 27" deep.

The instructions for the present models do not seem to say that, but
    you need to carefully check the depth of the wall oven, since there
    needs to be room for the supply/drain hoses to pass behind it.

• soibean
    10 years ago

xedo is exactly right about the ovens and about door clearances. What you need to do is get the design and/or installation documents for the models you want and study them carefully to see what clearances you need for each.

I have Thermador fridge/freezer, which is essentially the same product as the Gagg, and they are installed flush with the cabinets. What you need to be aware of is that in order to accommodate the flush installation, Therm/Gagg use special door hinges that open out and to the side so as not to hit the edge of the cabinet. As a consequence, if there is an oven with a door that opens from the right that is installed to the left of a fridge/freezer door that also opens from the right, the fridge door might hit the oven handle. This is hard to explain, you should really call Gagg/Therm customer service and describe what you are trying to do, plus verify by looking at their documentation.

Re: the ovens, the do stick out a bit from the cabinets, not flush like some of the Mieles. Mine are mounted next to a wall, and there is a bit of a clearance issue with the door casing. I don't have a great picture, but I'm attaching one that may help you visualize a little. The ovens (double ovens, not your configuration exactly) are separated from the fridge/freezer by the microwave cabinet. Without that, the freezer door would probably hit the oven handles when opened.

• vmani
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks all. Getting any responses from Gaggenau is so difficult and they always refer you to their manual which is not that great in giving comfort to buyers. Looking forward to more responses from Gaggenau users.