Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daburd

Capital Culinarian 30" Range Questions and Experiences

daburd
9 years ago

Hi everybody,

I hate to post on GW to try and find out facts I should be able to otherwise get, but this seems to be the best source.

I am potentially interested in the 30" Capital Culinarian gas range. The appliance stores around here do not stock Capital, except for one Capital Precision 36" floor model I saw (it was very nice!). The store salesmen have not been very knowledgeable because they aren't very familiar with products they don't sell.

On the 'net, I see mixed information across different sites. It seems like old and new model features, Precision and Culi, and manual and self-clean features get mixed up.

For example, Culinarian 30" Manual-Clean MCOR304N is listed as 4.6 cu ft, 4.9 cu ft and 4.1 cu ft across different web sites.

So that brings me to GW. Hoping Trevor or somebody else "in the biz" can help me out.

I am trying to understand the difference between the manual and self clean versions of the 30" Culinarian. As I understand it:

MANUAL:

- 3 x 23K BTU/hr
- 1 x 8K BTU/hr
- stainless steel divider between left and right burner grates
- drip tray on ball bearing rollers
- convection
- 18K BTU/hr ceramic broiler

SELF:
- All the above
- ball bearing rolling racks, which don't roll out very smoothly
- glass cover for broiler
- self clean
- rotisserie

Are the interior volumes the same?

Is the convection the same, or is the self-clean more even?

Lastly, can that ugly stainless steel divider between the grates be swapped out for a cast iron grate or is that now a thing of the past?