Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! Affordable Downdraft Gas Range Ideas?

Posted by EMC2011 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 7, 12 at 18:38

Hi,
we're adding a family room to the back of our house...the adjacent dining room and kitchen will be open layout to the new fam room. my contractor tells me we have to follow code and i'll have to get a downdraft range instead of the gas one i have now (currently don't have a range hood) so that it has someplace to vent. changing the layout is not an option.
i'm looking for downdraft gas ranges online and most places like lowes and home depot don't sell them. sears says jennair is the only brand that carries a full stove/oven version (not just cooktop) but it's 2,500k which is INSANE! i have the name of a wholesale distributor i'll order from but that will only take a few hundred off which is still too much.
so i guess my question is has anyone had experience with this? any ideas on alternatives? i don't want just a cooktop, need an oven too.
thank you!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! Affordable Downdraft Gas Range Ideas?

I researched downdrafts and there are no good ones! All of my clients who purchased them are unhappy with the quality of the oven. I previously had a dacor which died. It was probably the best of the bunch. I believe Jenn Air, Kitchen Aid, and Dacor all make downdrafts. You would have to check whether they are electric or gas. Some ranges made by Kitchen Aid can be adapted for downdrafts.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here