Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please recommend a good undersink filtration system

Posted by boone_2009 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 18, 13 at 18:00

We need to buy our undersink water filtration system( for cold water only and not a reverse osmosis) and dispenser faucet *asap*.

We've considered Everpure, Aquapure, Insinkerator, GE ( almost everything we see in stores and online! ) and now have serious decision fatigue after reading and re-reading tons of reviews online for all sorts of brands.

Please give us your recommendations based on your own personal experiences ( we've never had a filtration system before).

Thanks, all!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please recommend a good undersink filtration system

I have had a Doulton filter for 10 years and love it so much that I'm absolutely taking it with me to my next house!

The filters are cleanable so that you don't need to constantly buy new ones.

http://doultonusa.com/HTML pages/residential under sink models.htm

I also have the portable stainless steel "Doulton Mini" filter that I take with me while traveling. It uses the same type of cartridge (ceramic).

http://doultonusa.com/HTML pages/portable_systems.htm

o

Meant to add: This is the one that I have

http://doultonusa.com/HTML pages/ip100UC.htm

and this is the faucet I chose (the chrome one)

http://doultonusa.com/HTML pages/mountain_plumbing_faucets_for_water_filters.htm

o

Wow! Thank you so much, Helena2013 :-) :-)

I'd never even heard of Doulton until now - I've bookmarked that site. Love the faucet, too!

o

We got this system from Costco a few month ago and are very happy with it. We previously had the PUR filter attached to the faucet, but it started to fall off frequently. The water pressure and taste is much better with this unit and the price is very reasonable. So far, we love it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Premier Filtration System

o

Thanks, looser.
We also have the PUR filter attached to our current faucet ; have had no problems with it except for the fact that we have to change filters quite often and the pressure was low.
Our new faucet won't allow such a device, though.
I'll check out your recommendation at Costco :-).

o

Our local Costco did not have this unit in stock, only the RO version. We ordered it online and it arrived within a few days. It comes with replacement filters for one year. So far, we have not had any loss of water pressure.
Good luck with your shopping!

o

We stil haven't purchased a water filter - had to attend to a semi-emergency ( kitchen-demo- related) and this went to the back burner ( ha! ha!) until now.

In case we don't buy the filtration system now but would like to have that option for later, what diameter hole should I ask the countertop fabricator to drill, for a future cold water filtration faucet? I asked earlier in a thread on the Kitchen Forum and someone suggested I could always put some sort of sealing ring around it if the hole turned out to be too big for the filtration faucet.

Thanks a lot!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here