Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Preliminary 30 inch gas range choices - anything I am missing?

Posted by Renovation (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 7, 12 at 17:23

Hi everyone,

we're beginning to plan our appliance choices in the ongoing renovation. We have two kitchens we are doing, one for us and one for our two level rental. We live in a high cost of living area, so mid to upper level appliances are expected even for the rental.

This post is about the gas ranges.
We are medium use cooks (cook dinner 5x week) and use the oven about once every two weeks, either for muffins or to roast a chicken. We are a family of two adults and one young child. I am not sure if the real "pro" ranges would be wasted on me. In our current house, I have an IKEA brand gas stove and I am quite happy with its power and performance.

Our preliminary choices for the stoves are the following:

NXR 30 gas range - $2000
Bertazzoni 30 ss - $2000 floor model
Viking D3 30 ss - $2900
Verona Pro 30 ss - $2600

Anything else we should be considering in this price range? Thank you so much, this forum has been an amazing resource.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Preliminary 30 inch gas range choices - anything I am missing

ge cafe
american range performer

several flavors of induction

seen on ebay often:
bluestar, capital, dcs, thermador

but if you are happy with your range, does it have to be replaced?

best,
eve

o

thanks for the suggestions!

I wasn't clear in that we are renovating our new home. We are moving out of our current home that has the IKEA appliances.

o

5 burners, griddle plate, 2 ovens, main oven large with convection, 20,000 btu power burner great simmer the best value for your dollar by far small oven at bottom

o

All those ranges would basically be considered "pro ranges".

"For the money" the NXR is the best deal by far, there are of course many other stoves just as good and even better in some respects but for $2000 nothing else comes close.

We have had ours for 17 months now with no issues, looks great, cooks fantastic with all 4 burners being both super low simmer and 15K BTU, nice size oven, convection, Infrared broiler, nice thick heavy duty stainless oven racks, heavy duty cast iron burner grates, door does not get hot.

What's not to like especially for just a $100 or so more than a Sears Kenmore that is not even remotely as nice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here