Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kim545

Thermador Integrated Refrigerator & Freezer doors hard to close

kim545
10 years ago

We have a pair of 30" Thermador Freedom Freezer and Fridge Columns with custom panel doors (installed December 2012). I'm frustrated with how hard it is to close the doors of both. We push them and they start to swing and then stop a few inches away. We walk back and push again and again they close a few more inches and stop before fully closing. We pretty much have to push them all the way closed.

I've adjusted the tension of the doors but it hasn't fixed the problem. Does anyone else experience this on Thermador or any other custom panel fridge or freezers? I'm not sure if our panels aren't heavy enough, but I can't imagine they are lighter than any other style of cabinetry (they are Ikea mdf doors - heavier than our walnut cabinet doors). I just don't know if this qualifies as a warranty issue or if this is how the integrated fridge doors, or Thermador fridge doors, work.

On another note, we also have a hard time engaging the touch controls on our Thermador Double Oven panels. We press and press and press trying to turn on, set time, etc... and it can take 10-15 times sometimes to get it to respond to our touches.

Overall, the Thermador appliances do what they are supposed to do very well, look great and we are happy with them. I don't want to call service on stupid issues but they have become more frustrating over time, rather than less frustrating as I had hoped.

Comments (3)