Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can I use an oven liner on bottom of Electrolux?

Posted by fredanj (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 28, 13 at 16:55

Visiting relatives recently told me that they use silicon mats made to put on the bottom of ovens. They said they are similar to Silpats that many use for baking purposes. Nothing sticks and the oven stays clean.

I know that I absolutely cannot use aluminum foil to line the oven floor, but can anyone tell me whether a silicone mat would harm it?

My oven is a brand new Electrolux Wave Touch 30" wall oven.

Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can I use an oven liner on bottom of Electrolux?

Read your manual - I wouldn't do it unless you get the blessing directly from Elux...

o

No, please don't use a liner on the oven bottom. Silicon melts at around 500F, which the oven will reach easily. And don't ever use aluminium foil as a liner, it will melt and you'll never get it off.

I have the Wave Touch 27". In a year of heavy use, it has performed flawlessly. We never use the self-clean cycle, on the advice of others on this forum as well as the Elux repairman who came to the house to check whether the temperature was correct (it was).

Cheryl

o

I wouldn't use a liner either.

I have an Elux range, and it's actually really easy to clean off the oven surface with a wet paper towel and a few tiny drops of dishwashing liquid. I've also learned to use a piece of parchment under things like frozen pizza so that they don't drip-- that helps! I think a full 90% of the gunk in my prior oven was from that stuff.

o

Thanks very much for the advice. I'll leave my oven naked.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here