Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
drop-in electric range with glass top?

Posted by raynag (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 12, 14 at 16:48

Any recommendations or caveats for brands? Also, how close to the wall can you put these ranges?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: drop-in electric range with glass top?

Drop ins are completely obsolete. Look at slide ins instead. Preferably induction if you must have electric.

o

By "how close to the wall" do you mean on the side or behind? Either way the install guides should clearly specify.

"Preferably induction if you must have electric."

I agree with the first two words of that sentence, but I think there are plenty of gas-to-induction converts on this forum who wouldn't go back.

o

This is an apartment I will probably spend 3-4 months in, since I live in NJ and want to escape for the worst of the winter. Induction would be great, but it might not make sense for me to buy an expensive range at this point, since I am totally part-time there for the forseeable future.. Unfortunately, I am stuck with electric (hate, hate, hate it!). I will look at slide-ins. I'm replacing a 1970's cooktop with oven above it (in harvest gold). ARGH. There is a one inch spacer between the range and the wall, but who knows what code is these days in Florida? Thanks for your feedback: any recommendations for brands?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here