Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
washer / dryer

Posted by PaulSmth (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 25, 13 at 16:33

I live in a condo so my space is limited. I am also limited by the
association as to any structural changes that may be caused by an installation.

Any suggestions for a combo unit or a small stackable unit.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: washer / dryer

If you want a combo to use in the USA the LG WM3455H is a no brainer. Least amount of problems and the easiest to service. No difficult to find parts for obscure European brand. ~$1450

If you want stackables what is your price range?

o

Don't buy the Bosch stackable unless it vents to the outside! My DM has the Bosch and it doesn't vent to the outside and is a disaster!

o

I am open on the price range. What is the brand name or company name of the unit you are recommending....

Thanks

o

LG is the brand name. It used to be Lucky Goldstar but now they go by LG.

WM3455H is the model number.

stackable

Asko UltraCare Line Series Classic W6424 $1350

Asko Line Series Classic Vented Electric Dryer T754W $949

Asko Line Series Classic T754CW Vent Less Electric Dryer $1249

LG has a sanitary cycle of 150 degrees.

Asko has a sanitary cycle of 205 degrees. Kills virtually all bacteria dead. Gets whites really white. It works it way up in temperature and only at top temp for a few minutes not enough to destroy elasticity of underwear or socks for example.

SuperRinse up to 7 Rinses. Sometimes this can be a problem with front loaders. Proper rinsing.

Look for the LG to last 7-10 years and the Asko to last 20-25 years. There is always the possibility of a lemon so YMMV.

o

Not sure if knew there was a laundry forum with a lot of people really knowledgeable and passionate about W/D. You will get a lot of detailed advice there.

o

G Wlolo,

Paul Smith posted in the Laundry forum.

He got one one word response.

"Frigidaire."

That is why I decided to help him out not direct him to the Laundry Forum.

o

It looks like the lg3455 was a very good recommendation. That is the one I will go with. I noticed that they have a temp sort of kit hookup available to connect to the kitchen or bath faucets. My only problem with that is that I would put this in an upstairs unit so it would run unattended. I still need to check out the stackable recommendations.

As to the Bosch negative comment....my next door neighbor is installing a Bosch washer and dryer. The model number for the dryer is wtc82100us. Is this the same model number that you were having a problem with because it does not vent to the outside.

Thanks

o

Just curious you said that you will go with the LG recommendation then say you will check out the Askos.

Have you made a final decision?

When you have used either one for 6 months to a year come back and leave review.

It adds to the collective knowledge of the board.

That is how you really say thanks.

o

PaulSmth, depending on the model - make sure you have appropriate voltage outlet in place to power your washer/dryer. ASKO and Bosch washers need 240V. I don't know about LG. If your home owners' association restricts you on vents etc. they may not like you adding another electric line as well... just be aware.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here