Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paulsmth2

washer / dryer

paulsmth2
10 years ago

I live in a condo so my space is limited. I am also limited by the
association as to any structural changes that may be caused by an installation.

Any suggestions for a combo unit or a small stackable unit.

Thanks

Comments (9)

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

If you want a combo to use in the USA the LG WM3455H is a no brainer. Least amount of problems and the easiest to service. No difficult to find parts for obscure European brand. ~$1450

If you want stackables what is your price range?

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Don't buy the Bosch stackable unless it vents to the outside! My DM has the Bosch and it doesn't vent to the outside and is a disaster!

• paulsmth2
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am open on the price range. What is the brand name or company name of the unit you are recommending....

Thanks

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

LG is the brand name. It used to be Lucky Goldstar but now they go by LG.

WM3455H is the model number.

stackable

Asko UltraCare Line Series Classic W6424 $1350

Asko Line Series Classic Vented Electric Dryer T754W $949

Asko Line Series Classic T754CW Vent Less Electric Dryer $1249

LG has a sanitary cycle of 150 degrees.

Asko has a sanitary cycle of 205 degrees. Kills virtually all bacteria dead. Gets whites really white. It works it way up in temperature and only at top temp for a few minutes not enough to destroy elasticity of underwear or socks for example.

SuperRinse up to 7 Rinses. Sometimes this can be a problem with front loaders. Proper rinsing.

Look for the LG to last 7-10 years and the Asko to last 20-25 years. There is always the possibility of a lemon so YMMV.

• gwlolo
    10 years ago

Not sure if knew there was a laundry forum with a lot of people really knowledgeable and passionate about W/D. You will get a lot of detailed advice there.

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

G Wlolo,

Paul Smith posted in the Laundry forum.

He got one one word response.

"Frigidaire."

That is why I decided to help him out not direct him to the Laundry Forum.

• paulsmth2
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It looks like the lg3455 was a very good recommendation. That is the one I will go with. I noticed that they have a temp sort of kit hookup available to connect to the kitchen or bath faucets. My only problem with that is that I would put this in an upstairs unit so it would run unattended. I still need to check out the stackable recommendations.

As to the Bosch negative comment....my next door neighbor is installing a Bosch washer and dryer. The model number for the dryer is wtc82100us. Is this the same model number that you were having a problem with because it does not vent to the outside.

Thanks

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

Just curious you said that you will go with the LG recommendation then say you will check out the Askos.

Have you made a final decision?

When you have used either one for 6 months to a year come back and leave review.

It adds to the collective knowledge of the board.

That is how you really say thanks.

• Dks35 Manning
    10 years ago

PaulSmth, depending on the model - make sure you have appropriate voltage outlet in place to power your washer/dryer. ASKO and Bosch washers need 240V. I don't know about LG. If your home owners' association restricts you on vents etc. they may not like you adding another electric line as well... just be aware.