Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cep55

Anyone replaced a Bosch Evolution 700?

cep55
11 years ago

Hi, all -

I recently bought a home and have a ca. 2009 Bosch Evolution 700 dual fuel range. I don't care for it. (Ridiculously loud buzzing from the fan, which runs while oven is on, and usually runs for a while after it's off. Can be heard throughout the house and is loud enough to really interrupt meals!) The burners are powerful and quite good, but the oven control interface is counterintuitive and inefficient, and the oven seems to run a bit below set temp.

As a result, I want to replace it with a Capital Culinarian. The Bosch is 30" freestanding, and so is the Capital Culinarian. Which sounds simple, until I looked closely at my Bosch. The control panel part of it is actually wider than 30", and to make it fit flush with the quartz countertop in my kitchen, the bullnose was notched out a little wider and deeper. So, if I try to put in a regular 30" commercial-style freestanding range, I'm going to have about 1/2" notched out on each side of the range. And a new counterop isn't in my plans.

My question is, has anyone made this sort of replacement, and if so, what did you do? How did it look? (I'm told a stone fabricator could grind/round the notched edge a bit to make it look a little better, but I'm not sure how good/bad that would look).

I really appreciate any thoughts!

Christina

Comment (1)