Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
microwave drawer ovens

Posted by KS.farms_cooks (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 11, 12 at 16:23

I am looking at a microwave drawer oven in my island. What brand would you recommend?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: microwave drawer ovens

I have a wolf 30' Drawer and I LOVE IT!
I know many people that have the sharp drawer!

o

Mine is a Sharp 24" model. All MW drawers are made by Sharp and re-branded by others like Wolf who charge more. Handles in a kitchen do not have to match. I really like the drawer. They are much more expensive than a countertop model, but if you search around on eBay and the like you may find a deal. Mine is an reconditioned unit that I got for much less than retail on eBay.

Photobucket

o

We have the Jenn-Air version. As noted above, all of the drawer MWs are mfg by Sharp, so it's just a matter of which external appearance you prefer. We didn't like the look of either the Sharp of Wolf models, so we went with JA's.

o

Thank you all for your comments, I appreciate your help. Breezygirl, what is your countertop on the perimeter of your kitchen? Very pretty colors!

o

Hi K.S. My perimeter tops are 4cm honed Carrara marble. Here's a shot from above on that counter run.

Rangetop

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here