Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zoey75

Range Opinions....please.

zoey75
10 years ago

We are between a GE profile (rated well in consumer reports & that is what we have now) Bosch (in laws have it and really like it) Gas range and microwave. If anyone has any opinions I would greatly appreciate it.

Comments (8)

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

you don't need to post a dozen threads over several forums

I gave you a well thought out answer in your first or one of your first threads. All the appliances for a budget of $4k.

• zoey75
    Original Author
    10 years ago

My apologizes to the board police. I felt I was asking about a specific brand and my other post was regarding the possibility of an upgrade. Although I appreciate your response I wanted to narrow down my question with a more specific question.

This post was edited by zoey75 on Mon, Jul 8, 13 at 18:18

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

You can narrow or expand the question in a single thread.

It is all the same topic, a suite of appliances for your kitchen.

• zoey75
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Will do that from now on, I appreciate your assistance. I apologize for any inconvenience my threads may have caused.

• dodge59
    10 years ago

I would not worry "too much about" what is "Proper" here in GW. We are here to help you.

Xedos accused me of getting up on the wrong side of the bed, It's nice to know I have company!!!

Anyway, I have neither Bosch or GE. I do have an Elux oven that we love, and also an Elux Induction cook top which is also great.

We had a range, (GE) ((Trouble free)), before we remodeled our kitchen and we much prefer the separates as we are retired now and we both like to "Do our thing" in the kitchen, so I don't hafta tell wife to step aside from the oven if I want to use the cook top and vice versa, + both are at convenient heights for us, especially the Elux speed oven.

To answer your question, were I limited to the 2 choices that you have, I would go with the Bosch.

I have never, (or at least I don't recall) a negative post about Bosch ovens, (separate or part of a range), whilst one does not have to hunt much to find negative reviews about GE, their ovens, Dishwashers and fridges. Of course there are positive reviews too, but were I a gambler, the safer bet is the Bosch!

HTH's

Hopefully the "Bosch-o-philes" will chime in here too!

Gary

• zoey75
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you for your kind words and advice dodge59 :)

• nycbluedevil
    10 years ago

I had a Bosch range for about seven years before I remodeled last year. It had a warming drawer underneath that I barely ever used. The temperature probe broke relatively quickly. The oven igniter went out at least once and had to be replaced. And the electronics generally went haywire from time to time and I could not heat the oven. I did not love the shiny burner grates and stainless pan which were difficult to keep clean. I was happy to be rid of it. I got a Blue Star. Virtually no electronics. Yay.

• zoey75
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you NYCbluedevil...I am from NYC too but now live in NJ :)