Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ice Maker IN the door, not just through the door

Posted by maggiebkit (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 28, 13 at 15:43

Looking for a counter depth fridge that has the ice maker built IN the door and not in the upper left hand corner of the fridge. This way the interior box of the refrigerator is nothing but shelves and the ice maker stays on the door when you open the fridge.
What are my options? And out of those options, which should I choose?
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ice Maker IN the door, not just through the door

Samsung RSG257AARS

That is the only thing I did not like about this Samsung, that it had the icemaker and ice bucket in the door. For my needs it did not store enough ice.

Other than that, I really liked this fridge. Tops in reliability(although all fridges with ice dispensers have a below average reliability rating) double evaporators, quick freezer option etc etc.

This post was edited by deeageaux on Sun, Jul 28, 13 at 17:25

o

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I think we want a french door, freezer on the bottom. Any recommendations for that? You seem to know a TON about appliances. Is there a reason to do a side by side instead? We have one now and I find the fridge size really small. Thanks for your opinions!

o

Any appliance engineer worth his salt would put the ice maker in the freezer not the refrigerator. Many people have minor problems with the ice-maker in the refrigerator like item near the icemaker/bin freezing items inside the refrigerator. Reduce the temperature in the refrigerator then the ice starts to melt.

As the fridge gets older and less precise you may find the ice melting and re-freezing into a clump. Then again some people have these for many years without any significant problems.

If really want a CD FD with Ice in door I would get GE Cafe Series CYE23TSDSS, this seems to be the best one.

o

LG I think makes FDs like this.

o

Thanks Deeageaux and weedmeister!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here