Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pschwartz_gw

Looking for kitchen & laundry appliance recs

pschwartz
10 years ago

We bought a fixer upper and are going to be replacing all of the appliances. I've started to do research and am now at the point of wanting to pull my hair out! A lot of the top rated appliances on consumer reports get TERRIBLE user reviews. So, I'm turning to my fellow appliance snobs...can you please recommend your appliance?

I've listed out the general direction I'm going with each...but still open to being influenced one way or another! Trying to go mid-range with price (so please do not recommend your Sub-Zero!) I am willing to spend more if the performance will really stand out. I am not willing to spend more just to get a designer name.

Washer/Dryer: I'm leaning towards a top loader HE & Gas dryer. LG 5070 & 1101 both top rated but user reviews say they don't clean well. I don't want an HE front loader, had one before & don't like.

Fridge: Bottom freezer w/ french doors. Don't really need water/ice dispenser. Anyone have the Kenmore Elite 72903?

Oven/Stove: Want gas 5 burner, slide-in stove, open to separate range/stove, convection, I love to cook/bake so this is the one piece I'm willing to spend a bit more for. Thinking about Bluestar...

Dishwasher: Already know what I'm getting (Miele)

Comment (1)