Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carolml_gw

appliance showrooms in Pacific Northwest

carolml
11 years ago

I am looking for an appliance showroom that will show me a variety of island hood fans. I'll be in Bellingham, WA next week and willing to drive to Seattle if I can find a place with lots to show me. For those who live in the area, have you any suggestions?

Comments (14)

• chac_mool
    11 years ago

If you can drive another ~3 hours south, BASCO in Portland OR does have a very good showroom (see link). Although I didn't buy from them, their staff and kitchen displays were incredibly helpful when I was looking at possibilities.

Not sure what island hood fans they carry (not Kobe, back then), but they have lots of kitchen appliances. [BASCO is different, in that its really "for" builders. Their weekend hours are limited. You can just walk in, but its best to call ahead to speak with someone. Sales staff don't bother you, just walking around in the store.]

BASCO used to have a Seattle store, but it closed a couple of years ago. Not sure where to go up there for appliances now (but Ikea has stores near Sea-Tac and Portland's airport). Perhaps someone else will know of something closer for you.

Here is a link that might be useful: BASCO

• carolml
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks chac_mool, we actually discovered BASCO in March when we drove through Portland. I wasn't thinking hood fans at that time though. Perhaps I'll call them for their recommendations.

• deeageaux
    11 years ago

Albert Lee Appliance

Here is a link that might be useful: LINK

• carolml
    Original Author
    11 years ago

deeageaux - thanks. I've just been through their website. Do you think all their showrooms have the same products or would there be one that had more? It would be nice not to have to drive all the way to Seattle if I could find a big showroom closer.

• deeageaux
    11 years ago

Bellevue has the clearance center where you might find a deal on floor models and discontinued items.

The rest have the same amount of stuff. What is on display varies a bit from store to store.

• sea_koz
    11 years ago

Almvigs in Seattle has quite a few range hoods on display. Albert Lee in south center has a few too but be warned, Albert Lee really likes Ventahood. Skip the Seattle albert lee, it's a very small store.

• carolml
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks SeaKoz and deeageaux. Do either of you know if anyone carries ModernAire?

• sea_koz
    11 years ago

Nobody in the pacnw carries modernaire :(. You can buy direct from the company though.

• sea_koz
    11 years ago

Just visited basco today. Amazing store with lots of range hood options but I'm not sure they're worth the drive compared to selection of Almvigs + Albert Lee.

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

The Southcenter AL didn't have anything special in the way of hoods when I was shopping last year. The manager said that their Lynnwood store (closer for you than driving to Southcenter) had many more hoods. That is also where they would send the AL employees for "training" on hoods. (I put training in quotes because I believe that they aren't taught as much about proper ventilation, etc., as they are just shown the offerings of their hood manufacturers.) VAH wasn't pushed on me heavily, but it does seem to be what they lead with.

I received good phone customer service from Metropolitan in Sodo after Rhome410 highly recommended I speak with Jim there, but have never been in so can't speak to their hood selection. I think overall you won't find many island hoods for viewing in general around here.

If money weren't an object (and you will get a better deal with being able to deal directly with the factory), I'd happily buy an MA sight unseen. I bought my clearance Rangecraft sight unseen and was not disappointed at all with the quality of the fit and finish. Sometimes you do get what you pay for.

• sea_koz
    11 years ago

I haven't been to the Lynwood one yet. In either case I remember seeing wall versions of island hoods.

In my case, I'm planning on buying the modernaire sight unseen.

• sea_koz
    11 years ago

Metropolitan Appliances is a pretty small shop, I don't remember seeing a whole lot of hoods.

• carolml
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone. I'll probably only have a day in Seattle, so I'll map out all these places and start out early. Is Metropolitan on 1st Street in South Seattle? or is there another one? Before I go I will phone them all to see which hoods on my short list are available to look at. So far, I think I would like to see Zephyr, Broan, Best, Kobe, and Gaggenau (because I have their ovens). I'd never heard of Rangecraft until breezygirl just mentioned it. It sounds like the Modern Aire - custom made in the US. US made hoods would be an advantage for me as I won't have to pay duty. Free trade and all. Any other suggestions are welcome. The hood will be going over a 36" induction cook top on an island.

• sea_koz
    11 years ago

Metropolitan is on 1st street in Sodo. http://goo.gl/maps/DN2I

Here is a link that might be useful: http://goo.gl/maps/DN2I