Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
choosing between monogram and thermador for cooking

Posted by Karen.1288 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 20, 12 at 15:08

I've narrowed my selections down to either GE monogram or Thermador for our induction cooktop and wall ovens. I'd love to hear peoples thoughts and experiences on either of these. The model numbers that I'm looking at are CIT365GB and MED302EX for the thermador and ZHU36RBMBB and ZET958SMSS for the monogram. The thermador is $1700 more.
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: choosing between monogram and thermador for cooking

We have the Thermador CIS365GB which is the same as the CIT365GB but with sensordome. I haven't yet used the sensors and didn't factor that into our decision to buy this cooktop.

We took out a GE Monogram gas cooktop which I disliked for its lack of power. We also took out GE Monogram ovens and replaced them with Electrolux. So I'm generally not pro-Monogram. Recent models may be better than the ones that came with our house, I wouldn't knot.

The Thermador cooktop has so far performed flawlessly. I've simmered, stir-fried, seared and braised on it. I haven't yet found a weakness. I'm only a month into working with it, so I have a lot more to learn - the programmed modes, timer and sensordome are still untested. But so far it does everything a good gas cooktop will do, but faster, with greater responsiveness and precision. Thermador advertises their cooktop as having the highest power of any induction unit - 4600 W on boost. That was a major factor for me because of my cooking style.

Cheryl

o
RE: choosing between monogram and thermador for cooking

We are going to switch to induction for our cooktop. I can't find any complaints or any negatives on any brand of induction cooktop, so I am narrowing it down to which burner/hob layout I prefer.

A well-known magazine that does ratings of all sorts of things might be worth looking at for the wall ovens.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here