Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thermador zoneless induction FYI

Posted by canuck82 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 19, 12 at 14:22

Hi all,

I just heard back from my appliance salesman regarding the thermador's zoneless induction. It will be available in Camada at the en of the month. It will cost a whopping $5800 CA. And the biggest downside: it will only work with a maximum of 4 pots. So it functions more like a 30" unit.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thermador zoneless induction FYI

Are you sure it's $5800 and not $4800? I was told by a Thermador distributor that it would be $5000 US when it was released. The limit of 4 pots has been known since this model was announced. We got the CIS365GB which has 5 elements and works like a dream.

Cheryl

o

Heck, I can use 4 pots at once on my 30" - you're right, that's not very good for 36". I'm really disappointed. I thought zoneless sounded so promising. Maybe by the time mine dies, they will have come out with wonderful new versions.

o

The deal with zoneless is that the pots do not have to be round and can be shuffled around on the surface.

o

Pots don't have to be round with induction. I've used oval pots, as well as a long rectangular griddle on my cooktop. Works perfectly well. I can't shuffle them from element to element and retain the setting, but that seems like a very small issue to me.

The only advantage zoneless seems to have is that you have complete control over spacing of the pots. If I wanted to place 4 pots of 13" diameter or larger on my 36" cooktop, I probably couldn't. I can't test this because I don't own 4 13" pots and probably never will.

Cheryl

o

AJ Madison is listing it for $4,999.00 right now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here