Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bluestar - cooktop vs rangetop

Posted by scotkight (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 28, 14 at 14:20

I will have a standard 36" rangetop in my house, just a regular cheap GE unit. I am considering having it replaced at some point in the near future with a bluestar unit.

The 36" bluestar cooktop looks like it will fit the same hole in the granite without any fuss.

The range top would require a custom cut of the granite and I think modification of the cabinet tops to make it fit.

Anyone used both? I think the only differences are the cleaning tray, extra burner and front vs top knobs.

No clue on price difference or cost to install... I'm guessing this is going to be a big issue. Love to hear your opinions.

Finally, anyone know if the new platinum features are available on either the cooktop or range top? Especially the grill/griddle... I honestly don't see that I would ever need to use 6 burners, but I do use my griddle all the time. A grill and griddle would be very cool indeed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bluestar - cooktop vs rangetop

I know the range top from BS tends to be thicker than most other brands on the market for a Range Top, so make sure that the thickness of it would work for your setup. I want to say it is around 11" thick, but that is just from memory. The cook top is also thicker than most other brands of cook tops from what I recall as well, so again, check the specs out before you commit.

I don't think they offer any of the platinum features on either of those, but I could be wrong on that too.

I have the 36" range top, 6 burners, and love it. One of the favorite items in the kitchen after the remodel. Super easy to keep clean and love all the power. We love having the extra space the 6 burners offers and we are not big griddle people so we just have a good (old) cast iron griddle from the 1950's I got off ebay. When not in use it is stored in the wall oven out of the way.

Best of luck.

Phil

o
RE: Bluestar - cooktop vs rangetop

Bluestar has a Platinum rangetop line now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here