Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Current Prizer Hood testimonials/photos?

Posted by theoperadiva (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 10, 12 at 14:12

Long time lurker, first time poster! First, thanks to everyone for the excellent information posted here - it has helped us tremendously in our grand gut renovation search for all things kitchen related. Appliances have been chosen and the style of hood has also been selected. The one remaining concern is whether we will have Modern Aire construct the hood, or if we can go another route: namely, with Prizer Hoods.

We've priced out the hood with both, and the Prizer pricing is a little closer to what we were hoping for, but we're finding their lack if photos or even some sort of a brochure on the website a little disconcerting. We asked the representative for actual photos of fabricated hoods, and she sent us computer generated items and tried to pass them off as real photos. Again, disappointing.

With that said, since the return of the Independent Hood company under the Prizer Hood label has occurred, has anyone purchased a Prizer Hood? Any experiences you are able to share? Photos?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Julie
Brooklyn, NY

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Current Prizer Hood testimonials/photos?

I purchased a 42" Independent Laramie Hood and matching external blower from a liquidator.

I was about to have a first rate custom metal fabricator make me a duct cover as I cound not find one anywhere. He quoted me $700 plus tax and 4 weeks lead time.

Then Independent resurfaced as Prizer Hoods. They quoted me $659 plus freight and 3 week lead time.It took them 12 weeks and several phone calls and emails to get my duct cover. At about the 7th week mark I got an email confirming my order and saw that the order had just been entered into their computer system. I had been calling/emailing about once a week. They gave me free shipping and a free turn knob my hood was missing for the inconvenience.

The duct cover looks first rate. I later found out the Prizer/Bluestar shop was slammed with a large Bluestar order from Costco Canada. I read people ordering custom BS ranges typically waiting 6-8 weeks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here